Carnival Freedom MAJOR drydock 2014 UPDATE:

TurtleCrossing1

Has anyone heard the latest as to the extent of the 2014 Carnival Freedom Drydock? What will be added besides 2.0? Has John Heald mentioned anything? We are about 5 months away from the date, so I am surprised that nothing has been released.....

I think CarnivalBreeze219,qwirty119,cruiseloveryay might know.

They seem to always have the inside info.

Bill

Wow. That was rude. Do you have anything to contribute to the thread that is on topic?

That guy usually is. Sorry, most of cruise critic people are very nice and helpful. I've learned who to read and who to skip by their "names". I skip him...and a few others. :rolleyes:

John just commented earlier today or yesterday that the specifics aren't being released yet, but he would post them as soon as he is allowed to.

So far all of the upgrades that I've seen have been well worth the wait even if it's not the full package.

Has anyone heard the latest as to the extent of the 2014 Carnival Freedom Drydock? What will be added besides 2.0? Has John Heald mentioned anything? We are about 5 months away from the date, so I am surprised that nothing has been released.....

They are going to add a Skywalkers aft and a Royal Crown Lounge midship :D

John just commented earlier today or yesterday that the specifics aren't being released yet, but he would post them as soon as he is allowed to.

So far all of the upgrades that I've seen have been well worth the wait even if it's not the full package.

Thanks. I wonder when they will be released. Not much time remaining. They released info about the sunshine refit 14 or so months out, we are down to around 5 months with the freedom

Thanks. I wonder when they will be released. Not much time remaining. They released info about the sunshine refit 14 or so months out, we are down to around 5 months with the freedom

All the more reason to believe that the Freedom drydock will not be anywhere near what Sunshine was!

I disagree. I think it will be exactly like sunshine minus serenity

What is that based on? Nothing has been leaked, said, mentioned, or possibly even decided.

In fact all I've read is nothing has come from the CEO, except that no other ship will be Sunshined.

Here's what we've seen and it's consistent with what others hat have sailed and reviewed Freedom heard onboard. Our sailing on March 22, 2014 will be her last sailing before the 2.0 drydock upgrade. Hope this helps, and yes, ignore those that want to be jerks for some reason!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1893505&highlight=freedom+drydock&page=7

Here's what we've seen and it's consistent with what others hat have sailed and reviewed Freedom heard onboard. Our sailing on March 22, 2014 will be her last sailing before the 2.0 drydock upgrade. Hope this helps, and yes, ignore those that want to be jerks for some reason!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1893505&highlight=freedom+drydock&page=7

We are on the cruise before you. Going to Key West...etc. 6 day. I am taking my Daughter..son in law and grand daughter. The girls..first cruise. SIL..third.

Hope they are not cleaning out the freezers on us. How do you feel about that? I thought I was reserving for After the updates. Cannot change the date..that is school spring break in Florida and DD is a teacher.

might change to the Dream..but she wanted to visit key West.

We are on the cruise before you. Going to Key West...etc. 6 day. I am taking my Daughter..son in law and grand daughter. The girls..first cruise. SIL..third.

Hope they are not cleaning out the freezers on us. How do you feel about that?

I did think about that after I learned of it. Not sure if it would have made a difference if I had known in advance though. The timing (Spring Break for us as well), price and the fact that it went to a few places we wanted to go and it was an eight day cruise were attractive to us.

Either way, we are going to go and have a great time, but will expect some bumps might come up that we have to overlook :).

Archived