???'s For Recent Dawn Cruisers

ccrain

For those of you recently on the Dawn:

1 - Do they have the large plastic glasses for coke's at some of the bars for those of us with Soda Cards? As opposed to those little bitty glasses that you have to have 3 of them to get a decent amount of coke.

2 - Anyone remember the brand of equipment in the gym and did they have heart rate monitors built in or did they remote to a polar?

3 - How was PC dining?

4 - Who was the line dancing instructor?

5 - Cruise director?

Thanks for any information!

fyi: we cruised in late december

1: Contrary to some posted reports here on other Princess ships, I thought Dawn handled the Coke card thing very well. I was always given a 16 oz. glass (well, plastic cup). And sometimes they offered two at a time, particularly at the bar near the spa pool. Never had a problem.

2. The gym equipment was a big disappointment. I don't recall the brand names, probably because I had never heard of them (No Lifefitness, etc). Don't recall monitors. And I was surprised that instead of ellipticals, they had machines, the sort i see on late-night tv commercials, that sort of make you walk (pushing with arms) in air. I don't know what to call them, but I didn't like them at all.

Can't help you on the rest. THis was our fifth cruise and we've never known who one of the cruise directors was. We opted for traditional late dining...best service we ever had. And didn't run across the dance instructor.

You'll have a great journey : )

We were on the Dawn in May. We thought the Gym was great. Loved the location (aft) and there were 9 treadmills (with heart monitors - although I don't remember the brand-they worked very well) and 7 or 8 regular eliptical machines. The gym was only crowded the first sea day. Go to the gym the day you board to sign up for a treadmill. I worked out every day and did not have any complaints.

Good information. That eliminates the large glasses we normally take. Those little coke glasses they used to serve in were way too small.

I'll probably take my polar chest strap just in case. It doesn't take up too much room.

Any body else currently on Dawn or just off from Alaska?

Archived