Nassau: Junkanoo beach vs British Colonial Hilton

richraven

We just finished a b2b2b and we hit Nassau each cruise. We went to Junkanoo on the first leg of the 3 cruises and had a blast! It was our first time to Junkanoo but wasn't our last. We went back on the other two cruises as well. Byron, the bartender at the Bikini Tiki Hut (first hut you come to under the welcome sign), really keeps the party going and the drinks are cheap. One guy sitting next to me had a yard glass from Senor Frog and said Byron was giving him unlimited refills for $20! He was a happy camper. Three beers and three shots for $10 is a great deal. If you go make sure to tell Byron Tom Hanks sent you!

Hi All,

Glad to hear that you had a good time at Junkanoo beach and thank you for the info. Can you tell me if the water was warm enough to swim in without a wet suit?

I will be there on 12/7/2013.

Thanks,

Chantal

My family and I walked over to Junkanoo Beach on December 1 and we LOVED it. We arrived around 2:30pm. We went to the Tiki Bar and got (2) of the $10 specials (3 local beers and 3 shots) and walked over to the first pier where we sat to talk and people watch...good times. Sand was clean; we did not see glass. The water was beautiful but way too cold so we only got our feet wet. After hanging out there for a bit we kept walking down to the Fish Fry (another 10-15 mins walk). We were not harassed by anyone. We will definitely be returning to this beach on future visits. Hopefully the water will be warmer!

We just got back and went to Junkaroo in Nassaua. We walked there and just walked down the beach a little bit because that's where the tables were in the shade. On the beach they have about 5 little buildings that sell drinks, beer and food. Each place was playing music. I guess they had boom boxes, no live bands. We bought a beer and the lady in the "shack" told us to have a seat. It didn't cost anything. We sat there for about 2 hours, drank a few beers, ordered 2 orders of jerk chicken (which my son loved, best he ever had). Only 2 vendors asked if we wanted any jewelry but only told them no thanks one time and they walked on. The beach was fine, no broken glass, trash etc.... Yes the bathhouse wasn't too great, but it is to be expected with all the sand and water. They had a good bit of people there, some had their towels spread on the beach, some rented chairs, some sat on the pier. We had a good time.

Hi All,

Glad to hear that you had a good time at Junkanoo beach and thank you for the info. Can you tell me if the water was warm enough to swim in without a wet suit?

I will be there on 12/7/2013.

Thanks,

Chantal

We went to Junkanoo on Dec 6. The water was cool but definitely swimable. We are used to 82 degree temps at myrtle beach. I'd guess the temp at Junkanoo was about 76.