best time to board the miracle

mrya1967

Hi guys, My Aussie family and I are traveling on the miracle from long beach on the 1st December. Does anyone have any advice on what is the best time to board? We are staying in long beach the night before.

Any tips for the miracle would also be gratefully accepted.

Thanks in advance

Marty

I think the paperwork says to arrive between 1 and 3 p.m. (unless you have FTTF or are Platinum/Diamond), but we have sailed out of Long Beach many times and always arrive about 10:00 a.m. or so, sometimes we wait a while, sometimes not very long, depends on which ship, any immigration issues, ship issues, etc.

Guest fyree39

We always like to arrive at 1030-1100 and be amongst the first to board the ship. If you're cruising in the winter months, bring a sweater or jacket as the waiting area is outside (that's before they open the gates and allow people inside the terminal to check in) and it can be chilly in Long Beach before noon.

Also, if you arrive before 11:00ish (sometimes a bit earlier), they let you do early check-in outside or on the Queen Mary, depending on the ship (Miracle is usually outside at temporary counters and the other ships are in the aft end of the Queen Mary), so the inside activities are minimal (security, pictures, etc). Of if you're 'priority' you go in the small VIP building out in front.

Early check in should be in front of the Dome starting around 9:30am.

Doors open around 11:15. The crush usually dies down a bit around noon.

Have you found your roll call? Lots of info there.

Do priority guests still use the lounge across from the parking lot to check in, or ate their cards on the plaza too?

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg "I can see Carnival Miracle and Inspiration from my porch" (to paraphrase Tina Fey as S. Palin) I still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar-free vanilla ice-creams!)

We always like to arrive at 1030-1100 and be amongst the first to board the ship. If you're cruising in the winter months, bring a sweater or jacket as the waiting area is outside (that's before they open the gates and allow people inside the terminal to check in) and it can be chilly in Long Beach before noon.

Good point.

Good point.

If its anything like Splendor and some of the other ships you may need that jacket Inside the ship too!

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg "I can see Carnival Miracle and Inspiration from my porch" (to paraphrase Tina Fey as S. Palin)

I still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar-free vanilla ice-creams!)

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate all the help. It is my first time out of Aus and my first cruise so I am both excited and nervous. It is great to see so many people out there willing to give advice.

Thanks again

Marty :)

Priority check in is in the small building between the parking structure and the dome. I live in the area so I have taken many cruises from Long Beach. I just got off the Miracle a few weeks ago following a 15-day cruise, so if you have specific questions, ask away and I'll try to help.

We're Aussies too and have sailed out of Long Beach in the past.

You may as well get there early because you need to check out of your hotel anyway and you will have your luggage.

Its great the chat with your fellow travellers while you wait and exchange stories. We've met some wonderful people that way.

I'm also available if you have any specific questions about any part of your trip. Our family of 5 have done it a few times.

Are you travelling on around the US after your cruise (or before)?

Thanks, Yes we are travelling on. We are staying at Anaheim for 10 days then on to vegas for a week leaving on Christmas Day. We have a 10 day Aussie Disneyland pass and have organised to go to the basketball and ice hockey. Any advice on what we should do in regards to the ship or trip is gratefully accepted. Thanks again

We're Aussies too and have sailed out of Long Beach in the past.

You may as well get there early because you need to check out of your hotel anyway and you will have your luggage.

Its great the chat with your fellow travellers while you wait and exchange stories. We've met some wonderful people that way.

I'm also available if you have any specific questions about any part of your trip. Our family of 5 have done it a few times.

Are you travelling on around the US after your cruise (or before)?

Thanks thekidsni,

How did you find the miracle? Any tips? I am not sure what you mean by priority check in as I have never cruised before. We are staying at the Marriott Long beach downtown for a couple of nights before hand and will check out at 11. Any tips on places to eat etc given your a local?

Thanks again

Priority check in is in the small building between the parking structure and the dome. I live in the area so I have taken many cruises from Long Beach. I just got off the Miracle a few weeks ago following a 15-day cruise, so if you have specific questions, ask away and I'll try to help.

You will have a wonderful time. The 10 day passes are great fro DL because you can come and go as you please or just do a few hours in the evening/morning while fitting it in with other things during the day.

I love Vegas. It is one of my favourite places in the world. I don't even gamble!:p

Do you have accommodation and everything all organised? What about car hire? I know of a great site for cheap car hire if you need it.

Any questions please feel free to PM me :)

Have fun. Report back if you get the chance!

We are on the miracle today and is was late to no fault of carnival. They have delYed departure till 530. We r checked in and ready to board

Thanks KAzbar. My wife doesn't trust me to drive in the states :confused:We have booked accomm at Courtyard Downtown Long Beach, Residence inn Garden Grove, PAris LV and Desert Rose LV. Any suggestions on where to eat etc would be great for a family of four DD DW DS18 DD 12. We have booked private shuttles through Rapid shuttle for all transfers. Its not long now and its getting exciting.

Thanks again.

You will have a wonderful time. The 10 day passes are great fro DL because you can come and go as you please or just do a few hours in the evening/morning while fitting it in with other things during the day.

I love Vegas. It is one of my favourite places in the world. I don't even gamble!:p

Do you have accommodation and everything all organised? What about car hire? I know of a great site for cheap car hire if you need it.

Any questions please feel free to PM me :)

I haven't stayed in any of the same hotels as you but can assure you there are no shortage of places to eat reasonably priced are where you will be.

The food is much cheaper in America than we pay in Australia but don't forget to tip.

Places like Denny's are good for a cheap breakfast and there is one across the road from DL. There is also a McDonalds and IHop near the DL entrance. Where your hotel is in Garden Grove, you are close to a heap of restaurants and takeaway places (like Del Taco). There is also a Target across the road and down the street a little bit. It is great for cosmetics at much better prices than we pay. Mimi's across from DL (but down the other way from Denny's) is good for more home style meals. Millies is there too but we found it a bit disappointing last time.

Get to DL early, especially on weekdays so that you can get in some of the more popular rides before the crowds hit. Saturdays are usually the busiest days so if you are there when it is crazy then use that day to see more of the entertainment type things.

I would highly recommend the Wicked Spoon in LV (at The Cosmopolitan) if you like a good buffet. The best value is usually brunch (skip BF that day and have an early lunch). I also highly recommend a trip down to Fremont Street one night to see the old style Vegas. They have a free light and music show on hourly and there are heaps of decent places to eat there. Drinks are much cheaper there as well. You can get the Deuce bus or catch a cab (a cab will be much quicker and with the 4 of you it may be close to the same price as the bus if you wont be using the passes for other trips).

Magnolias in The 4 Queens is one of out favourite places to each downtown (Fremont Street).

If your wife and daughter like to shop then you will need to hold on tight to the credit cards in Vegas as there is heaps of outlet shopping. I also love Ross for cheap handbags and bras LOL

Other Vegas tips -

There are 3 free monorails

-between Excalibur, Luxor and Mandalay Bay

-Monte Carlo - Crystals Mall (City Center) - Bellagio.

-between Mirage and Treasure Island

Bellagio Fountains - don't miss this. It is really nice. You may even see it from your room if you get a strip view. Monday - Friday 3:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.; show every 30 minutes. 8:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m.; show every 15 minutes. Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays noon. - 8:00 p.m. show every 30 minutes. 8:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m.; show every 15 minutes. The Conservatory, also in The Bellagio, is free and worth a visit when you are looking for a break from the heat.

Phew, sorry for the scroller :o

Thanks Kazbar,

Wow what advice ;). The hotel we have in GG includes brecky and nightly welcome meals Mon-Thurs. Which I think will help with some of the costs. Yep the tipping, never done it before and I will have to try hard to remember to do it. Seems a bit wierd that they just don't include it in the price but whatever.

Our plan is to do excactly as you suggested get in early do the rides in particular on weekkdays. The weekends will be to attend the fireworks etc of an evening. Did you do any Downtwon disney dining or gardenwalk?

Thanks for the LV tips, in particular the buffets. I love em and being from a small country town you don't get too much of an opportunity to go to them. Not like when we lived in Melbourne. Yes the wife and daughter like to shop, as does the son, so will pass on your advice to them. Plan on going to Fremont St and may make an Arvo/evening day trip of it. You been to any of the shows in LV? We have booked the Micheal JAckson Show on Christmas eve, tripadvisor reviews seem pretty good.

Thanks again for the responses its great in particular cos you can give the Aussie outlook HAHA!

I haven't stayed in any of the same hotels as you but can assure you there are no shortage of places to eat reasonably priced are where you will be.

The food is much cheaper in America than we pay in Australia but don't forget to tip.

Places like Denny's are good for a cheap breakfast and there is one across the road from DL. There is also a McDonalds and IHop near the DL entrance. Where your hotel is in Garden Grove, you are close to a heap of restaurants and takeaway places (like Del Taco). There is also a Target across the road and down the street a little bit. It is great for cosmetics at much better prices than we pay. Mimi's across from DL (but down the other way from Denny's) is good for more home style meals. Millies is there too but we found it a bit disappointing last time.

Get to DL early, especially on weekdays so that you can get in some of the more popular rides before the crowds hit. Saturdays are usually the busiest days so if you are there when it is crazy then use that day to see more of the entertainment type things.

I would highly recommend the Wicked Spoon in LV (at The Cosmopolitan) if you like a good buffet. The best value is usually brunch (skip BF that day and have an early lunch). I also highly recommend a trip down to Fremont Street one night to see the old style Vegas. They have a free light and music show on hourly and there are heaps of decent places to eat there. Drinks are much cheaper there as well. You can get the Deuce bus or catch a cab (a cab will be much quicker and with the 4 of you it may be close to the same price as the bus if you wont be using the passes for other trips).

Magnolias in The 4 Queens is one of out favourite places to each downtown (Fremont Street).

If your wife and daughter like to shop then you will need to hold on tight to the credit cards in Vegas as there is heaps of outlet shopping. I also love Ross for cheap handbags and bras LOL

Other Vegas tips -

There are 3 free monorails

-between Excalibur, Luxor and Mandalay Bay

-Monte Carlo - Crystals Mall (City Center) - Bellagio.

-between Mirage and Treasure Island

Bellagio Fountains - don't miss this. It is really nice. You may even see it from your room if you get a strip view. Monday - Friday 3:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.; show every 30 minutes. 8:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m.; show every 15 minutes. Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays noon. - 8:00 p.m. show every 30 minutes. 8:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m.; show every 15 minutes. The Conservatory, also in The Bellagio, is free and worth a visit when you are looking for a break from the heat.

Phew, sorry for the scroller :o

Archived