Cruising week of time change - does Oasis switch to port times?

wrp96

Anybody remember from previous years, if on the the eastern itinerary Oasis stuck with port times or if it stayed on Florida time (which would mean gaining one hour the first night of the cruise)?

Well, most of the eastern Caribbean is on Eastern Time but there are some islands on Atlantic and those that do and do not observe daylight saving time.

However...none of that matters. What matters is ship time. Always set your watch to the ship time. That way you will NOT miss any excursions (the meet times are set to ship time) or miss the boat when it's time to depart.

Obviously, I should have looked at your signature. You are well aware of the importance of ship time having been on cruises in the past. :)

Thanks - no worries. ;) And I know about the eastern vs. atlantic & no daylight savings time issues hence why I was asking. I'm trying to figure out if my independent excursion in St. Maarten will be at 9:15 or 8:15 ship's time (9:15 local time, but if the ship is on Florida time then it will be 8:15). Either way I'll find out when I'm on the ship.:D

Archived