Epic-- B6 on bump out or Aft Cabin?

SuzanneH

:confused: Trying to decide and making a list of pros/cons..... Booked several months ago and after careful reading of SDMike's list of cabins--thank you, by the way-- I booked a B6 cabin 11169 that is right on the angle of the bump out and has a very large balcony. The bed is by the balcony. Prices have gone down considerably and I can change to an aft facing cabin for no difference in cost. I have read about the vibrations in those cabins while pulling into port. Opinions please? For those of you that have been in the b6 cabins, and those that have been in aft cabins, what did you like/dislike?

My TA did ask NCL about a possible OBC but was told no-- I am after final payment so I completely understand that. Thanks in advance!! I love this board :D.

Personally I would stick with the B6 large balcony. Excellent mid-ship location. Balcony is huge and for me I would prefer the view of being able to see everything off to the side and forward instead of just the aft view.

Some people love the aft view though and the the relaxing sound of the wake back there. You are correct that there is some vibration when entering ports early in the morning. That wouldn't bother me though because I'm one of those folks that get up early to watch the approach anyway.

One other thing...you didn't say which deck the aft cabin would be on. You will want to be aware of noise from Spice H2O that some have reported when they have the night time parties if it is on one of the upper decks.

Thank you, Colin!! Earlier today the aft cabins were avail on decks 8, 10, and 11. Very good points about the B6. I like being able to see forward as well. I have just read so many people rave about the aft facing balcony that I feel like I should at least entertain the idea. Thank you again for your response!!

You might also want to take into consideration, while the forward angled balcony is really nice for the view, it can be incredibly windy while at sea. We have had a cabin very similiar to this on another ship (so this isn't coming from personal experience aboard the Epic) and it wasn't so bad if you stayed tucked behind the divider between you and the forward cabin. However, if you prefer standing or sitting closer to the rail, it is rather uncomfortable because of the wind. While the aft may not have quite as big a balcony, at least you are protected from the wind and the entire balcony can be used. Just something else to consider.

I was contemplating the same thing for a sailing on Epic in December for my father who is sailing with us. It looks like the aft facing cabins are considerably more narrow than the B6 cabins. We ended up booking a B6 with a fairly large balcony.

You might also want to take into consideration, while the forward angled balcony is really nice for the view, it can be incredibly windy while at sea. We have had a cabin very similiar to this on another ship (so this isn't coming from personal experience aboard the Epic) and it wasn't so bad if you stayed tucked behind the divider between you and the forward cabin. However, if you prefer standing or sitting closer to the rail, it is rather uncomfortable because of the wind. While the aft may not have quite as big a balcony, at least you are protected from the wind and the entire balcony can be used. Just something else to consider.

Very good point!! I honestly hadn't thought of the wind at all....

I was contemplating the same thing for a sailing on Epic in December for my father who is sailing with us. It looks like the aft facing cabins are considerably more narrow than the B6 cabins. We ended up booking a B6 with a fairly large balcony.

So glad it's not just me. If I was stick in one of the hull B6 balconies it would be an extremely easy answer and I would go with the aft cabin. Guess I need to hurry up and make a decision! I truly want to try an aft facing cabin someday, but not sure I want to give up the extended balcony to do it.....

Archived