HAIR - Carnival Pride

I've heard/read that the salon on Carnival is not open while in port. (Leaving from Baltimore) It will be a Sunday morning. How on earth do you get your hair done prior to boarding the ship? Please don't tell me I'll have to do it on my own? It'd be for myself and my 2 young daughters.

Any ideas? Has anyone else gotten married on the Pride while in Baltimore?

THANK YOU!

From everything I have seen on here, most people get hair/makeup stylists to come to their hotel or home prior to boarding the ship. Most wedding stylists are very willing to accomodate location and time that works for you, even early in the morning. For most embarkation weddings I've read about, they usually get stylists to come to their hotel room around 5 or 6 am to do hair and makeup for everyone before boarding the ship.

I'm not sure what stylists there are in Baltimore, but if you call around to wedding stylists I'm sure you will find one that will accomodate you. I'm dealing with the same issue in New Orleans next year. And since I live in AZ, I have no clue what stylists are down there, but plan to call around to wedding stylists and am sure to find someone. If you do a search on the forum, you may also find recommendation that others have used... although finding any info outside of Florida ports is kind of tricky sometimes.

You have to get your hair done before you get the port. Make sure it's something that can withstand the travel to the port and the wind once you get there.

We only live 45 minutes away from Baltimore, so we were going to get our hair done in our town and then one of my bff's whose a stylist was going to touch it up once we got into the cabin on the ship.

Unfortunately, my favorite salon in Baltimore from my college years closed, so I don't have any recommendations for you.

So I won't be getting married until June 2015 & they don't have sailing schedule for June as of right now but I'm told call & book by December..how do they determine the boat? I have seen some youtube videos of weddings on carnival ships & I so badly want a ceremony where I enter from the large staircase... how many different areas does each ship have to perform weddings in & do you get a choice after booking & touring the boat??

So I won't be getting married until June 2015 & they don't have sailing schedule for June as of right now but I'm told call & book by December..how do they determine the boat? I have seen some youtube videos of weddings on carnival ships & I so badly want a ceremony where I enter from the large staircase... how many different areas does each ship have to perform weddings in & do you get a choice after booking & touring the boat??

I assume you're looking at a Carnival wedding? Which port are you looking to go out of? I'd look for the Summer 2015 schedule to come out in the next sevenish months. Don't hold me to that though, because CCL has released dates VERY quickly and VERY slowly. When we cruised this recent June, the dates for May 2014 weren't out yet.

Anyway--whichever port you're going out of determines the ship. They do move the ships around, and they do stop using particular ports (Boston, Norfolk, Mobile, and Baltimore) so I wouldn't get your heart set on a particular one until the schedule is out.

Typically, weddings are only performed in the chapel (Spirit class ships), the main show lounge (all ships), converted conference rooms (some of the ships), and small lounges (all of the ships). The receptions can be in the piano bars, the disco, conference rooms and the entertainment lounges. It's something you'll have to discuss with CCL weddings and while they'll mark a preference, they won't guarantee anything until your final call 1-2 weeks before your wedding.

The only kind of ceremony I've seen using the atrium staircases were evening vow renewals and they took place at the top of the staircase. I think that was on the Glory. Most ships use the atriums entrance on embarkation day, so it's an insanely busy and congested area.

FWIW--My wife and I took pictures on the atrium staircase in our full skirted wedding gowns and heels and it was nearly impossible to navigate the staircase because the stairs curve and are narrow.

Thanks for reply.. I will be leaving out of the Port of Tampa in Florida. We'll be getting married on embarkation day at 1:00. I've seen many youtube videos where they had brides enter down a staircase..which is what I really want. I think walking down I'll be ok, my brother will be walking me & is a solid guy so I'll hold tight to him LOL When I spoke to carnival they said by end of this year they'll have June dates so i'm hopeful for that so we can set our date.

"Most" of the time, the ships in that port this year will be there next year. And for preliminary planning, this years itinerary is a good basis to go off of for next year. But, they do move things around sometimes. For my June 2014 wedding, itineraries didn't come out until I think June 2013, even though they were supposed to be out beginning of the year. For early planning, we looked at 2013 cruises and picked port & itinerary we wanted. They ended up switching ships around, so we got different ship than we expected but that's okay.

You can tell them your preference for wedding location, but you won't know location until 2 weeks before wedding/cruise and they make final decisions. I haven't seen atrium as being a wedding location choice and I don't think they would do staircase/atrium wedding during embarkation due to number of people getting on ship and needing to handle business stuff in atrium area with customer service desk. I would see it maybe as option for vow renewal while ship is at sea. But ask wedding coordinator if that is an option. And things may be different for different ships & cruise lines.

Be careful because with cruise wedding you really need to be somewhat open with your vision because there is a lot out of your control or that you don't get to choose. You don't really have access to venues before hand, you can do very limited decorations & personalization, no rehearsals, etc. You don't have full planning control like you would with land based wedding. If you aren't willing to leave some decisions up to chance (like venue) you may want to consider other options.

So any ideas on HAIR? :D

Hello 2preschoolers, I actually just got married last month on the Pride. As previously mentioned, you and your bridesmaids must have your hair and makeup done before you board for embarkation day weddings.

I used Alison Harper & Co., although they are a bit pricey but their service was great! Their hair and make up artists came to my hotel around 7am and we were ready by 10 (myself and 3 of my bridesmaids). I would highly recommend these ladies, however if you are on a tight budget, you can do a quick google search for hair and make up artists in the Baltimore area. I actually found quite a few when I was researching. Congratulations and Good Luck!

Archived