First Princess Cruise 10/21/05

formernewbie

I have never cruised on Princess before and was wondering if anyone could give me a review of the Dawn Princess. From what I have seen so far on this site, not too many people choose this particular ship. Are there any other members taking this cruise?

Also, can anyone tell me what the embarkation is like from San Francisco's pier 35? Do you line up according to your last name? It it first come first serve? What is a good time to get there?

Thanks in advance for all your assistance.

I have been on the Dawn Princess many times. She is a great ship. Among the Sun Class. Not as huge as the Grand Class ships.

As for embarkation from Pier 35 it is the same as other Princess ports. They have lines based on cabin location(deck) with priority for Elite & Suites.

For clarification, the embarkation is basically first come/first served. There are priority lines for elite and platinum status, but it does not interfere with all pax forming lines to board. Once inside the terminal, the elite and platinum pax split off the main group. It is speedier and easier if you pre-register online on the Princess.com cruise personalizer, it will speed things up in the terminal for you. I have never sailed out of SF, but usually boarding begins about noon for most sailings and it is very crowded for the first hour or so, after that there is little if any wait.

Archived