New! Norwegian Gift Cards

Coastalbreezes

And the fine print...

Q: Do any fees apply to the Gift Card?

A: Yes, the following fees apply: 1) Dormancy Fee of $3.00 will apply after 12 months of inactivity and every month thereafter. 2) Replacement Fee of $6.95 for Lost or Stolen cards to be reissued. 3) Expedited Shipping Fee of $15.95 for 2-day shipping service.

Why not save the plastic and shipping and purchase OBC for them? IMO the card isn't worth it if there's a risk someone changes their cruise plans, or doesn't plan on booking a cruise for the next 12 months.

And the fine print...

Q: Do any fees apply to the Gift Card?

A: Yes, the following fees apply: 1) Dormancy Fee of $3.00 will apply after 12 months of inactivity and every month thereafter. 2) Replacement Fee of $6.95 for Lost or Stolen cards to be reissued. 3) Expedited Shipping Fee of $15.95 for 2-day shipping service.

Why not save the plastic and shipping and purchase OBC for them? IMO the card isn't worth it if there's a risk someone changes their cruise plans, or doesn't plan on booking a cruise for the next 12 months.

We have three upcoming cruises with NCL through 2014 - a gift card from my relatives would be a great Christmas gift and none of the fees would apply. Surely most people won't buy a gift card on the chance that someone will cruise within 12 months? And it is not ship specific. It could even be used towards the cruise purchase - I think its great.

I think it is a great idea! I have a feeling there will be many purchased during the up-coming holiday season. Some people have a hard time holding onto cash for vacations. This is a great alternative!! Nice idea NCL. :D It is very much like NCL's Freestyle Concept. If for some reason, you decide it is not for you or you do not like it, don't purchase one. However, it is a great option!!

OBC are ship and cruise specific I think. With 3 upcoming NCL cruises we can use the gift card for any one of them for anything - including final payment.

I emailed Sis yesterday and she took the hint - and she will get Mom a gift card also - she is traveling with us for 2 of the cruises:D

I love having others contribute to my cruise addiction;)

I would love to receive Norwegian gift cards. I would ask for them for every event! Problem is the fees...right now we can only afford to cruise every 2-3 years, so the fees would wipe them away! That really stinks! (And to those who mention OBC...great if a cruise is already booked, we have done that, but when still browsing a gift card would be fabulous!)

sent from my Samsung galaxy s3

If they sold them at the local supermarket like all the 100's of other gift cards, I would probably purchase a $25 dollar one every time there. I would just have it included in my grocery bill. It would be easy.

Jon

Great idea....and get gas points for them too!

sent from my Samsung galaxy s3

Archived