Butterfly Farm, Le gallion and zoo in one day, doable?

nattie

We have been to St. Maarten before (pre DS) and did Orient beach, etc. Now I have found some amazing kid-friendly choices and would like to explore them this time around. How doable is it to visit Butterfly Farm, Le Gallion beach and Zoo in one day w/o a car rental? I am conuisdering doing private tour, but it is only 2 of us this time, so price is to steep.

Suggestions?

Should I just stick to Butterfly Farm and Le Gallion, sounds like they are close to each other and save Zoo for next time around?

Thank you in advance for any advice

We have been to St. Maarten before (pre DS) and did Orient beach, etc. Now I have found some amazing kid-friendly choices and would like to explore them this time around. How doable is it to visit Butterfly Farm, Le Gallion beach and Zoo in one day w/o a car rental? I am conuisdering doing private tour, but it is only 2 of us this time, so price is to steep.

Suggestions?

Should I just stick to Butterfly Farm and Le Gallion, sounds like they are close to each other and save Zoo for next time around?

Thank you in advance for any advice

The zoo is pretty much on the way back from the above sites, so it's not exactly off the beaten track. None of the distances involved are all that great; I actually walked from zoo back to port (not that great a walk, but just to indicate the distance). The zoo is not huge so doesn't need all day. Given 60-90 minutes each place, plus lunch, plus transport, it seems doable.

Thank you everyone!

I think we will cab to the Butterfly farm and may be walk to the beach from there (keeping fingures crossed, looks like short distance and wouldn't need a cab). After that cab to the zoo. Getting excited!

Hi Nattie - May I ask when you are going ? We will be in St Marteen in May 2014 and this is exactly what I have been wanting to do. Was wondering if I have enough time to taxi to La Galion - then taxi back to do some shopping - It would be great if you could let me know how you make out if you go before me :) thanks in advance

Thank you everyone!

I think we will cab to the Butterfly farm and may be walk to the beach from there (keeping fingures crossed, looks like short distance and wouldn't need a cab). After that cab to the zoo. Getting excited!

FYI: The walk from the Butterfly Farm to the portion of le Galion where services are located (Chez Pat) is about 1/2 mile. Much of that is along a newly paved road, but the last 20% or so is not. It's all flat.

gary

Archived