Snorkeling

mrsbbailey

Have never been to Freeport, but for Nassau, we have snorkeled twice.

Carnival excursion in 2009 = awful!

Blue Hole Watersports a few weeks ago = fantastic!

Entry copied from my blog post (http://sunshinenwine.blogspot.com/2013/10/carnival-ecstasy.html):

Blue Hole Watersports' 2-hour excursion leaves from the British Colonial Hilton, which is walking distance from port. Price is $55 per person with no deposit required.

Mark was our captain, and there were 9 of us that day. What a wonderful experience from start to finish! The water was clear and calm, and the reef was beautiful. I had about given up hope for colorful reefs in the Bahamas, but this proved me wrong. We were dropped at two different locations - a reef and a sunken ship used for the James Bond film "Thunderball." I was so excited to see my first Lion Fish just hanging out at the bottom of the wreck. On the ride back to the pier, we had our choice of soda or water from the cooler Mark stocked. Would definitely recommend BHW for a snorkeling excursion!

• 2 weeks later...

We did an excursion with pat and Diane's and it was a blast. We did 45 minutes snorkeling then we went to a deserted island for lunch and swimming. They provide plenty of Bahamas mama so it's basically a booze cruise on the way back. This is well worth the money and the crew we had was excellent.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Deadman's Reef at Paradise Cove in Freeport was wonderful. You snorkel off the beach not from a boat so you get beach time and snorkel time. We really enjoyed our day there. Book independently from the ship. You save money and they will get you back to port in time.

If you snorkel in Nassau, I recommend Stuarts Cove.