Eurodam VH4001 - 4004

'The Bear'

I have a couple of questions about these cabins from you experienced cruisers.

First, do the lifeboats restrict the sea view, and, being at the bow of the ship, will sea-sickness be an issue, and thirdly is the verabdah excessively windy being at the bow?

Thanks in advance!

I have a couple of questions about these cabins from you experienced cruisers.

First' date=' do the lifeboats restrict the sea view, and, being at the bow of the ship, will sea-sickness be an issue, [/quote']The lifeboats are nowhere near these cabins. What will restrict the view is that they have steel-wall railings rather than plexiglass so you will only see sky and nearby mountains when seated. :)

Being far forward they will get more pitching motion that further back, but seasickness being "an issue" will vary with the people in the cabins. We've had far forward cabins (on higher decks) on three cruises and I was only bothered for a couple of hours on one of them. My DW was not bothered.

But I would add one thing: if you're booking a VH as a guarantee you will most likely be upgraded. In the seven years I've been a CC member I've only heard of two cases of someone booking a VH Gty actually being assigned to one. I think they are generally assigned to people who book OV gty's.

Edit: CLICK HERE for pictures of the Westerdam 4001 balcony (which is the same as on the Eurodam). It appears to me that 4001 and 4002 would get wind from the front because of the short partition, but I don't think 4003 and 4004 would be any different from any other side cabin.

Edited by jtl513

The lifeboats are midship,so you will not even notice them.

I don't think that being on the bow at that level would make seasickness

an issue.

I was on the Eurodam VQ1009 and did not notice any difference in the wind

on the verandah than on the Promenade deck.

You probably know those cabins have showers only and solid steel railings on the balcony.Enjoy your cruise!

Haven't stayed in those staterooms. In looking at the deck plan, lifeboats shouldn't be a problem for viewing. Seasickness is very subjective. The staterooms are at a lower deck so that should help but they are very far forward so you'd have more pitch. Couple of other things: they're right above the showroom so could be noisy at night and the verandas have solid steel railings instead of plexiglas.

• 3 months later...

My husband and I just booked the cruise today. Very pleased to read that the VH category often gets an upgrade. There is hope. Also interested in joining with others for small excursions. Great to read some of the research that you all have done. We are active seniors. Our last cruise was the Celebrity Solstice to Australia and New Zealand Dec. 2013.

We generally do two cruises a year, summer and winter. Must admit we have had the warmest and best winter here in Los Angeles area, while the rest of the country has had it so rough, warmest thoughts to all.

RESURRECTION ALERT!

The photo linked in post #2 no longer exists.

Also interested in joining with others for small excursions.
If you will tell us what ship and date you are cruising we can direct you to your Roll Call to arrange private excursions. (With searching disabled I can not tell if you have already found your Roll Call.)

Edited by jtl513