Cruising with infants

gill_boo

I totally understand wanting to take your child(ren) as it is a family vacation and most people have a positive outcome. However, if the child(ren) does not turn out to be a good traveller it can be hell on your neighbours. On two of our cruises we were beside families whose children screamed and cried the whole night, I felt so bad for them but it was our vacation from hell. We booked balconies we thought they would be wonderful & romantic NOT. We could not use our balcony as they thought this would be the best place to take their screaming child. We would see them during the day and the kid was happier than a clam - would give me hope for the night but did not happen - the screaming would start about 8:00 and go on periodically ALL night long. We are late night people and when we would get to the cabin at around 2AM we would actually tiptoe around our cabin - if it was quiet we would go out on the balcony for a nice drink (whispering again in our own cabin) and like we hit a gong the kid would start and they would come out on their balcony. We had children so it was not like we were not understanding but what a waste of money - we took our children on most of our cruises but not until they were older but that was us. Each person has to decide what they are comfortable with

Most babies and toddlers do cry and scream. It had to be disappointing having to listen to that your whole cruise. I would have been at guest services demanding a different room

After a long break of no cruising due to trying to get pregnant, succeeding and now having twins! We are looking at cruising again. So, here is my question to all the experienced parent cruisers. How do you sail with infants who are still sleeping in a crib at home? Does carnival have bassinets? Playpens? Bring your own? Mattress on the floor?

I left my son home until he was 6. I went on a cruise every year.it never got easier, I would call to check on him and would cry from missing him. It was better not to bring him. Friends just got back from a cruise with their 2 year old and they said it was a nightmare

Sent from my KFTT using Forums mobile app

Most babies and toddlers do cry and scream. It had to be disappointing having to listen to that your whole cruise. I would have been at guest services demanding a different room

Interesting statement..... not one based in reality though.

Come one people, the OP wanted advice for HER situation, not for what YOU guys think she should do.

Interesting statement..... not one based in reality though.

Come one people, the OP wanted advice for HER situation, not for what YOU guys think she should do.

Of course it is reality. You cannot go anywhere where there are children and there not being a lot of noise.

Of course it is reality. You cannot go anywhere where there are children and there not being a lot of noise.

riiiight....

Last cruise I was on, almost EVERY time I went to camp carnival to pick up our son it was quiet and the children were playing nicely.

Our son (2.5) made almost NO noise in the cabin... the loudest being him standing up in the crib and saying "momma daddy, wake up" once.

Often, the loudest thing in our home is the pandora station playing on the smart tv while we play on the floor.

So your wrong.. you absolutely can go places where there are children and its quiet, or at least not noisy.

I'm surprised no one has suggested looking at a newer ship that has the Deluxe family Oceanview. It has a little bit more room and two "bathrooms." One bathroom has the toilet, shower, sink and the other has a sink and bathtub, if I remember correctly. I know with my niece and nephews, baths are a lot easier. Plus one adult could be in the shower, while the other is bathing the kids. Just a thought, to give you more floor space and a bathtub, and I think it is cheaper than a suite. The only thing is that its made for a family of five, but technically, you have 4. Good luck.

Archived