Braemar upgrade

CRUISIN LINDA

We had a call yesterday to say we had been given a free upgrade to a balcony suite on the Braemar in February. We had booked a balcony cabin, so really pleased as it is a special birthday for me :p How do they differ? I guess the balcony is bigger, so do they have sunbeds on them? Has anyone any pictures? We have been given cabin 7035.

Edited by CRUISIN LINDA

I'm pretty sure we've been in 7035 ourselves and yes, you should find a couple of sun loungers out there along with a small table and a couple of chairs.

Thanks Mark, really looking forward to it :)

Now, would anyone know what Jet2 is like as an airline as apparently that is the one we are using?

Thanks Mark, really looking forward to it :)

Now, would anyone know what Jet2 is like as an airline as apparently that is the one we are using?

Can help you there as well as we flew with them on the cruise where we ended up in 7035 :)

Aircraft fine, but everything on-board was 'extra'.

No included meals as was the case in years past, so we brought our own food with us.

No premium seating either and 3-3-3 seating from memory which wasn't ideal for some of course.

Edited by Mark_T

You can buy on board, but we just preferred to take what we knew we'd enjoy.

Flight was around 4 hours from memory so not really a major hardship to be without free catering.

Edited by Mark_T

Hi Linda

Well done and happy birthday for that trip!

We did jet2jet and was all pay on board, but was not a hardship, we took some food with us, but we also bought on board, which in the big scheme of things was not as expensive as we first thought.

Have a good breakfast, take something to read and the time soon goes. but dont forget to add on the travel time from airport to ship, if its Tenerife, that can be an hour or more

Have a great time

Hi Linda We have just arrived home Tuesday after sailing on the Braemar and we were in cabin 7005 which is the same grade as yours. Having been on the Braemar 3 times this was by far the nicest cabin we have had.

As someone has already said you get 2 sun loungers, a small round table and 2 chairs on the balcony.

The cabin was very spacious and for the first time we had a double bed.

I could have done with more hanging space but I suppose the answer to that is don't pack so much stuff.

Enjoy your cruise.

Susan

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone :) We have since been offered a superior balcony suite if we paid £480 each extra :eek::eek: I have politely declined that :D

Hi Steve, I see you have done a few more Fred trips since we met in the Caribbean in 2011. I took my previous cruises off as someone said it was showing off, but I may put them back on :)

Thanks everyone :) We have since been offered a superior balcony suite if we paid £480 each extra :eek::eek: I have politely declined that :D

Hi Steve, I see you have done a few more Fred trips since we met in the Caribbean in 2011. I took my previous cruises off as someone said it was showing off, but I may put them back on :)

Yes put them back on, does not show that you are showing off at all

Hope you are well, and wonder if our paths are going to cross at all again x

• 2 weeks later...