Mystic Mountain on our own

Banditswife

Just wondering if there was a way to get there from the port (Ocho) without going thru the cruise line. We just want to ride the bobsled & chairlift. Carnival has an excursion for zip lines & bobsled combined. But we'd rather do it on our own if possible.

You can take a taxi there, but you can also just book the chairlift and then pay the bobsled once you get there.

If I remember right they might have had something on their website about transfers too. That website made my MIL and FIL book the chair only and I am doing all 3 this November.

You can take a taxi there, but you can also just book the chairlift and then pay the bobsled once you get there.

If I remember right they might have had something on their website about transfers too. That website made my MIL and FIL book the chair only and I am doing all 3 this November.

Thanks, we are now considering booking the bobsled thru CCL, they have a tour for $59 that includes the bobsled, sky explorer (chairlift) & transportation to & from the port. Last time we were in Jamaica we did the Dunns River Falls/ bobsled combo. We really enjoyed the chairlift & bobsleds best. Carnival also has a tour for $119 that includes the zip lines, bobsled & chairlift + transportation to & from. Is that the all 3 you're doing? You'll have to come back here & tell us about it. Have a great cruise.

cruisecraze96: sounds like a good plan. I noticed the price thing too. I checked a few websites & found that CCL was cheaper than most when you consider the transportation. We usually book thru private vendors for the smaller tour size, but in this case I think we'll do as you are doing.

Have a great time & yes, please come back & tell us about it.

• 1 month later...
Yeah I am doing the Tranopy Tour with all 3 and my in-laws are just doing the lift. MIL booked direct and then canceled since through CCL it is about the same price but has the transfers.

I will post a review with I get back, less than two weeks now :)

Please post a review.