Gem 9 night - Chefs table

gschwartz001

For those of you who have sailed on the 9 night Gem Itinerary - what night is Chef's table. I am calling the pre-cruise concierge next week to arrange dining and want to make sure I coordinate other specialty restaurants around date of chefs table. Thanks.

I do not have the answer to that however, was wondering if that was anything like Captains night where you are invited to sit with Officers for dinner?

Chefs table is a special dinner with about 12 people where one of the executive chefs and a sommelier pairs wine and food and leads the group through a special meal. The menu is same as what we have experienced in the past but we really enjoyed the food so would like to attend again this year.

On our last few cruises you could sign up for a chance to dine with officers.

Yes, we did this and on our cruise last November we dined with head officer of housekeeping. Really nice gent!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Chefs table is not the same as dine with an officer cost $75 held by head chief for about 12 people fine food and fine wine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Wow, to me that is kind of expensive!! So if my DH and I go it is $150!! I can't justify spending that much for a dinner. Even if it is "Fine Dining"

Not $150 but would be $178 after they add gratuities. Worth every penny of it and we do it every cruise even though the menu never changes.

The pre concierge cannot get you in, you must book after you board. Since it is limited to 12 you must be quick.

Not $150 but would be $178 after they add gratuities. Worth every penny of it and we do it every cruise even though the menu never changes.

The pre concierge cannot get you in, you must book after you board. Since it is limited to 12 you must be quick.

I agree with everything said here. One additional note - you can ask the pre-cruise concierge to note your desire to book and then (at least in my experience) they'll have the receipt ready for you to sign on board.

Sent from my iPhone using the Cruise Critic App

We did the chef's table on our 9-night eastern Caribbean this past January... our dinner was held on the second night, but there was a second dinner later in the cruise (sorry, I don't remember which night.)

Cost was $89 pp; however, IMHO it was worth every penny! The food was fabulous, the wine pairings were perfect and we really lucked out with dining companions.

We also had a galley tour the next morning with one of the sous chefs... plus we received copies of a couple of the recipes from the night before.

Although we're going to pass on the chef's table on our upcoming Hawaii cruise, we'd certainly sign up again on a less port-intensive trip.

When you consider it includes a glass of Champagne, a nine course exceptional meal with what appeared to be unlimited wine, plus two photographs, plus an after dinner coffee and a post dinner drink it is expecially good value for money. Also, you get to meet really nice people. Definitely a yes for duture cruises!

When you consider it includes a glass of Champagne, a nine course exceptional meal with what appeared to be unlimited wine, plus two photographs, plus an after dinner coffee and a post dinner drink it is expecially good value for money. Also, you get to meet really nice people. Definitely a yes for duture cruises!

Oh I am sure it is worth money to some, just not me. I am neither a wine or champagne drinker. I would rather spend money on an excursion or gifts for family.

Archived