Review Of A Fantastic Week On Freedom Of The Seas (Western) - October 13-20, 2013

bigque

002_zps600dbb95.jpg

Day 7 - Last Sea Day

Well it's the day on the elevator floor we all have been dreading...the infamous day before the end of the cruise! Why oh Why did this day have to come! You plan for a year..your countdown ticker goes from over a year to 365 days to 1 day which seemed like forever then you look at thes dag gon days in the floor of the elevator everyday and what took so long to arrive goes by in a flash! So what do you do??? You check the Cruise Compass to see what is happening to ease the pain..to ease the sorrow of knowing that soon you will be putting the old luggage in the hallway.

But anyway the last day started with...Yep you guessed it and know by now.....

The Last At Sea Sunrise

007_zpsc9dbc298.jpg

On this day would be our last balcony breakfast but a special one. I had ordered the Classic Romance Package which included a breakfast in bed. For the romance package breakfast you have to give a special oder form to your Head Waiter in the MDR the night before you want it. The breakfast include Mimosas or Bloody Mary's (We had the Mimosas), and whatever you wanted, eggs(real eggs, bacon, sausage, caviar, pastries, hash browns, croissants or toast, coffee, tea, milk and juice. A very delicious breakfast as we cruised watching the sea go by on a nice warm morning on the balcony.

014_zps58a2a7a7.jpg

015_zps95a59321.jpg

After the late breakfast we went down to prepare for the last of the big sales that was announced the night before for 11:00. The sale was for men and women watch sets and women necklaces and bracelets which woud make for perfect gifts for the folks back home and for Christmas presents also. This was an experience as the crowd around the tables in the Promenade started building up about 10:15. They wouldn't let you even tough the items until the announced time. I looked around at what was displayed and then secured me a spot directly in front of what I saw I was going to purchase. At 11:00 on the nose they announced the sale was one and it was a big grab fest for the people in front. People were grabbing 5 or more items at a time. This was like Black Friday at the stores the day after Thanksgiving, when people will bite you to get what they want before you took it (And I thought the Michael Kors sale was bad). Whew...the things people will do for a bargain sale!

So after escaping with all my limbs still attached, I paid for the items and then went into the logo store to purchase my last sovenirs I wanted that were now on sale also.

The drink of the day was "Bahama Mamas" 2 for 1., so we got a couple of those then went to drop off the things back at the room and sat out on the blacony for a little bit, then went back down and walked around and saw this Ice Sculpture of a Marlin

017_zpsf9ffa619.jpg

then it was time for lunch! We decided to try out Johnny Rockets and as I said on the first page of the review we thought it was pretty good and worth the price.

020_zps06049a85.jpg

We didn't do a whole lot after lunch for the rest of the day, as a matter of fact I was finnally wearing down after this long week and actually took a nap till it was time for dinner. When we returned to the room, your luggage tags for disbarkation was there in the room and also more wow cards and envelopes for additional tips if you wanted to hand out some.

On the last dinner night we got to hear the traditional singing at the end of the cruise by the wait staff and the cooks.

My biggest disappointment on the last sea day was that the parade down The Promenade was on this day @ 5:15pm, so if you had early seating as we did, you missed it. If they are going to do the parade on this day, I think they should have it at a time that everybody that wants to see it can.

After dinner, it was time to go back and prepare packing up the clothes and all the bounty we purchased during the week. I found our stateroom attendant and gave him a wow card and an envelope with additional cash tip and said my thanks and good-bye. He was the only one on this cruise that we gave additional to this time. On our previous cruises we gave additional to the waiter and assistant waiter also, but this time we felt the additional would only be for the stateroom attendant. After finish packing and strategically placing the tags around the handles of the luggage as instructed, we then hesitantly placed the luggage outside the door for pickup. I went around for one last look at his great ship and then called it a night!

Next Up - Disbarkation!

What did you think of the jewelry in Cozumel?

The ring I purchased was nice and got a good price on it. I actually told the guy that All the cash I had left on me was a certain amount which was about $22.00 less than the price and if he could sell it to me for that. He asked his father and the old man said yes...done deal. From what I saw, you got a better deal if you purchased jewelry in some of the smaller spots rather than the larger store like Diamond Imports.

Edited by bigque

050_zpscad417e5.jpg

Disbarkation Day

So here we are once again at the day of the week we started out on. I woke up on this morning and could tell we were moving really slow, so I took a look outside on the balcony and saw that we were headed down the harbor to dock back in Port Canaveral. We prepared ourselves for this "Not so big day" of getting "Kicked off the ship! Our location for our wait for disbarkation would be at 8:30 in the Champange Lounge. We headed up to the Windjammer for one last breakfast and to say good-bye to Jack & Donna who we ran into and then back down for the wait.

Once our turn was called we were able to disenbark fairly quickly since the lounge was right near the exit to the gangway. After hearing our last "Ding" of our Seapass Cards being pushed through we went down to the luggage carosel where our luggage just happen to be coming out at the time. I grabbed our luggage and had a porter (There are plenty around) come over to assist us. The porter took us right to a customs official with no line and I handed him our declarations form and our passport and he took a look at them and then waved us on through. The porter then took us out and got us a cab and we were off to the hotel where all the fun had begun!

The disbarkation process was very painless and expediant and we had no problems at all.

Disbarkation - A+ (Our Experience)

So how do you end a review after a wee abord such a great ship??? I guess it would be how the review began, so......................

(Sung to the tune of the Gilligan's Island Closing Song)....Ok Ok I know....I Lied! LOL!

Now this is the tale of your CC Friends,

they're here for a long, long time,

they'll have to make the best of things,

Until their next big cruise.

ArubaMap_zpsa414f8c0.jpg

The Hubby and his 1st Mate too,

042_zps1301471c.jpg

will do their very best,

to make each other comfortable,

without a tropic island nest.

036_zpsa570b836.jpg

Edited by bigque

No room,

090_zps8180880c.jpg

no lights

105_zps9aa218a5.jpg

no motor cars,

033_zps8b6bdf96.jpg

not a single Promenade

088_zpsae00b97d.jpg

just like those other cruise lines

as primative as can be.

So join us here next cruise review

Jewel%20of%20the%20Seas.jpg

you're sure to get a smile,

from two very stranded castways,

that were here on "Freedom Of The Seas."

078_zps5bd5675b.jpg

(In My Best Elvis Impersonation)......Thank You.....Thank You Very Much! LOL!

Seriously.....I hope you all enjoyed! Any Questions about Freedom as time goes on Feel Free To Ask!

Start to finish, one of the best reviews I have read in a long time. I would love to cruise with you and your wife - we have a lot in common (right down to the somewhat corny improvised lyrics!) I just posted one to the tune of Jingle Bells, myself...see below. :eek:

Thank you for taking the time to share your vaycay with us!!

~RubyDog

To the tune of Jingle Bells:

Cruise ship horns,

Cruise ship horns,

Cruise ships all the way!

Oh, what fun it is to cruise,

On any random day-ay!

Cruise ship horns,

Cruise ship horns,

On any random day!

Start to finish, one of the best reviews I have read in a long time. I would love to cruise with you and your wife - we have a lot in common (right down to the somewhat corny improvised lyrics!) I just posted one to the tune of Jingle Bells, myself...see below. :eek:

Thank you for taking the time to share your vaycay with us!!

~RubyDog

To the tune of Jingle Bells:

Cruise ship horns,

Cruise ship horns,

On any random day-ay!

Cruise ship horns,

Cruise ship horns,

On any random day!

Thanks RubyDog! Glad you enjoyed it. Cruising is a small world, maybe we will run across each other one day!

Oh and Jingle Bell song...Love It! :cool:

hello from canada

I actually have a friend that lives on Cozumel for 7 Months out of the year I will ask Him and her what they think a give you an honest assesment.

Yes they probably could rather than the quick passer through from the cruise like us. My answer to the question was just what our observation was from om our walk through some of the various stores.

Mike, thanks so much for all of your efforts in reviewing your week aboard the Freedom. Sounds like you two had an awfully great time. I will be in the same stateroom you had coming up in December. Great photos. Enjoy your next cruise on the Jewel OTS. She may not be as big as Freedom, but she's a beauty!

Mike, thanks so much for all of your efforts in reviewing your week aboard the Freedom. Sounds like you two had an awfully great time. I will be in the same stateroom you had coming up in December. Great photos. Enjoy your next cruise on the Jewel OTS. She may not be as big as Freedom, but she's a beauty!

Thank You! It took a lot to do with pictures and all but it was fun doing it! You will enjoy 9340. Great location, no noise, great views off the balcony!

Hi " biqque couple" .... Loved reading your thoughts on our shared cruise upon the Freedom- I absolutely loved this cruise, loved looking at your pictures, like looking at shots I might of missed.... I to loved Falmouth, ( I've stayed away from any cruises that stopped there, while it was a work in progress, I think it's absolutely a beautiful port. Like you said, you must have something planned while here. We took a shuttle to " Doctors Cave Beach "..... WOW WOW WOW what a great choice, it was heaven! Spent a couple of hrs there, then had enough time to shop at the pier. The guy shooting flames out of his mouth was insane lol lol lol.... And I love the perks of being a Diamond Members on this cruise, great to be " loyal to Royal".... We've done the Oasis Nov '2010 looking to book the Allure come Dec ' 2014. Again thanks for a great reading of your thoughts of the Freedom & your pictures.

Hi " biqque couple" .... Loved reading your thoughts on our shared cruise upon the Freedom- I absolutely loved this cruise, loved looking at your pictures, like looking at shots I might of missed.... I to loved Falmouth, ( I've stayed away from any cruises that stopped there, while it was a work in progress, I think it's absolutely a beautiful port. Like you said, you must have something planned while here. We took a shuttle to " Doctors Cave Beach "..... WOW WOW WOW what a great choice, it was heaven! Spent a couple of hrs there, then had enough time to shop at the pier. The guy shooting flames out of his mouth was insane lol lol lol.... And I love the perks of being a Diamond Members on this cruise, great to be " loyal to Royal".... We've done the Oasis Nov '2010 looking to book the Allure come Dec ' 2014. Again thanks for a great reading of your thoughts of the Freedom & your pictures.

Thank You Nicksmom! It was a great time. I think I will do Freedom again in the fututre!

Stupendous and totally awesome review! I enjoyed the cruise with you like I was there. We'll be on her in January and looking forward to every moment! I only wish I could write a review as well as yours.

Thank You very much and glad you enjoyed it! You are going to love Freedom. Great ship!

Great review! First of all, when did you sleep? You have truly inspired me to sleep less on my next Freedom cruise and miss less! Hope to see the sunset!

Second, you also inspired me to do Dunns river falls express trip. I was thinking about it but it sounds perfect.

One more thing... I was so glad to see the Temperature band is still there!

Great review! First of all, when did you sleep? You have truly inspired me to sleep less on my next Freedom cruise and miss less! Hope to see the sunset!

Second, you also inspired me to do Dunns river falls express trip. I was thinking about it but it sounds perfect.

One more thing... I was so glad to see the Temperature band is still there!

Sleep?????? I didn't know I was allowed to do that! :D

Glad you enjoyed the review!

Mike, while I appreciate any input CC members post for us to review regarding thier experiences, I have to say this is one of the best reviews I have seen in quite awhile. Chock full of usefull information. Thanks again for sharing, and happy future sailings!

Mike, while I appreciate any input CC members post for us to review regarding thier experiences, I have to say this is one of the best reviews I have seen in quite awhile. Chock full of usefull information. Thanks again for sharing, and happy future sailings!

Thanks Bank Of Dad! Glad you enjoyed it and it accomplished what I wanted to do and that was to put out information on the cruise as I saw it and experienced it, as well as a little entertainment (I'm a legend in my own mind)! :eek:

Hey Mike,

Great review. I loved reading it. Me and my wife will be on the Freedom Dec. 1st. It's our first cruise and we are so excited. I'm a cigar smoker can I smoke in the area that smokers go. I know cigars are strong I don't want to be rude. I'm glad they have a cigar bar onboard.

Hey Mike,

Great review. I loved reading it. Me and my wife will be on the Freedom Dec. 1st. It's our first cruise and we are so excited. I'm a cigar smoker can I smoke in the area that smokers go. I know cigars are strong I don't want to be rude. I'm glad they have a cigar bar onboard.

Thanks AKF! Other than your balcony, yes you can smoke cigars in the outside areas that smokers go.