booking a guarantee

Laurab23

I am thinking of changing my inside spa cabin.The balcony guarantee prices are pretty reasonable but I can't pick my cabin.On Carnivals website it shows the only balconys available are spa balconies which is what I want.But is that what I will end up with or could it be somewhere else on the ship even if nothing else is showing open?

Laura

You could end up in any balcony cabin anywhere on the ship. If you are before final payment, it is likely other balcony cabins will open up after final payment. Carnival also tries to upsell by calling people booked in balcony cabins (and others) and offering them suites, sometimes at a discount, so other balcony cabins can open up that way. Of course, you could also end up in a cabin you want, but it's a gamble.

You could end up in any balcony cabin anywhere on the ship. If you are before final payment, it is likely other balcony cabins will open up after final payment. Carnival also tries to upsell by calling people booked in balcony cabins (and others) and offering them suites, sometimes at a discount, so other balcony cabins can open up that way. Of course, you could also end up in a cabin you want, but it's a gamble.

Bingo! You never know really. We've had this assumption before and it doesn't always play out. Though we have gotten lucky before. We booked two cabins once, one assigned and one guarantee. The assigned one was on the Panorama Deck and then our guarantee ended up being a 4J (front facing "oceanview") on Panorama too! Our PVP said if you have cabins linked, they take that into account sometimes when assigning guarantees. We were very happy about that :)

• 2 months later...

I've got a dilemma? Stick with my ocean view guarantee or take the upgrade offered for an extra $135 each to balcony guarantee? What should I do? How good are the chances of getting a suite with the balcony guarantee?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Forums mobile app

We did abalcony guarantee last time, as it was cheaper than or obstructed view balcony we had booked. We ended up on verandah in an uninstructed view balcony. Great room and great location! I would do it again if I didn't need side by side rooms.

We upgraded from a 4k to a balcony guarantee for our Legend Cruise. We lucked out and ended up with an extended balcony, although it was more forward than we decided we prefer due to motion (our 1st forward room).

Balcony and location (minus movement) were awesome though! Now we only book midship lower level oceanview for motion issues!