Jamaica culinary tours

suzzek

I'm doing lots of research for a variety of tours and my interest was piqued when I came across this culinary tour. It has only one review on tripadvisor so I'm curious how long they've been in business, if they are reputable and any other info I can find. Does anybody have any experience with them? The website is jamaicaculinarytours.com

Edited by suzzek

• 2 weeks later...

I am also trying to find out information as there is only one review on TA. We live in South FLorida so the idea of going to a beach (even through it is December) has no value for us. I emailed the Heritage society to ask if one can reach them by foot from the pier and whether they will put a group together if we are just a couple. Am awaiting a reply. When are you traveling there?

I signed up for their newsletter but have not received anything from them. If/when I hear anything from them I will post on this thread. I hope you will do the same. We will be there on Jan. 30, 2014, how about you?

Edited by suzzek

I used the contact me button the the Heritage Center website and received a very nice email a few hours later. I asked if departure was walking distance tot he ship, could more than one tour fit into a day and would they add people to a group for us if we're only 2. (BTW we are traveling 12/2 ) Here is the email I received:

Thank you for your enquiry.

The meeting place for our walking tour is on the Falmouth Pier. We offer tour times within 30 minutes of the official arrival of the ship and there is usually time to do another tour within near proximity to Falmouth. If there are other bookings we will group you with them, and the size of the group does not exceed 12 persons. But we are very happy to accommodate only two persons if there doesn't happen to be any other bookings.

If you let me know what ship you will be arriving on and the date, I can give you an idea of the times of the tours for that day. And if you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,

Marina

Marina Delfos

Director

FALMOUTH HERITAGE WALKS

Thank you for posting! Since you will be in Falmouth in Dec. and I won't be there until Jan., will you post again if you decide to take the culinary tour? I'd love to hear all about it so I can decide if it will be worthwhile. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Unfortunately due to high winds/currents our ship was not able to dock in Falmouth and wound up in Montego Bay where we didn't evem bother to get off the boat. Therefore we never took the culinary excursion. Would love to hear from anyone who does/did take it