Kids in Belize

Noel182002

Are they swimmers? I started two of my younger children on snorkeling at 4yo. One of them coincidentally learned in Belize. We did Goffs Caye through Carnival for that one (don't know if they still offer it but it is available through an independent). Thought it was quite fun. she was able to practice early right from the beach in the shallows, then I took her out a little further. I had her wear a snorkel vest which made things easier.

I taught my youngest son at 4yo in Hawaii, but that one was a bit more challenging because we dropped in from a rigid hall inflatable in about ten feet of water, but he caught on after a bit. From a learning perspective Goffs Caye was perfect IMHO. And if it doesn't work out, there are sandy beach areas (though small) on the Caye to play in.

If it sounds like an interest, try them out in a pool first pre-cruise if possible. That's what we did.

Whatever you choose, have a great cruise!!!

Our son will be almost 4 and we're taking him cave tubing. I've had numerous conversations with the folks at .bz and they've been responsive and accomocating to our son. If all else fails, he can ride in a tube with one of us. We've showed him pictures and video of the experience and he's excited!

Archived