Tampa pre/post

cruisinmama0

I'm looking for info on what to do before and after cruise. We will be staying somewhere in Ybor city before cruise and have a 5 yr. old. What is nearby that would interest a child. We are not renting a car so it has to be on that trolley line.

Also suggestions for what to do between disembarking ship and flight mid afternoon. Are there any hotels with day room rates? Airport locations would be fine, but should have a great pool.

The Florida Aquarium is nice, right at the port. They will also store baggage, or they used to. Check out their website, and maybe even get a discounted ticket.

If that doesn't sound too good after debarking, ask the hotel that you stayed at precruise, if they will store your luggage for a few hours post cruise. (Check with the front desk, and probably more importantly, the bell captain.) This is something we've done in the past, and then just chilled by their pool, or wandered around for a while.

In Ybor there is a GameWorks Factory which is really good for kids. I also agree that the Aquarium is a must see. Depending on how much time you have and what's playing there is an IMAX theatre there as well. They do special IMAX movies and sometimes regular movies.

As for Pools, I don't know, being a local I haven't stayed at any of the local resorts.

If you were renting a car I would suggest going to Busch Gardens on your pre-cruise visit. It's a fun place to go and kids love all the animals. You might check with the hotel. They might have arrangements with some shuttle service. If you like Spanish food try the Columbia. They've been in business for years. I agree with the others, you'll like the Aquarium. That would be a good plan for your post-cruise time.

Lynn

Archived