Behind the scenes tour

skiwee

• 2 weeks later...
I want to sign up for the behind the scenes tour as soon as i board the ship. Where would I go to do this? Thanks!

I am tempted to do the tour, too.

How was it ?

If anyone has a picture of an engine room, it would save me 90 dollars !

It's our first cruise, getting married November 22 then leaving on the Ecstasy the next day November 23, 2013.

Edited by GregandDenise

I am tempted to do the tour, too.

How was it ?

If anyone has a picture of an engine room, it would save me 90 dollars !

It's our first cruise, getting married November 22 then leaving on the Ecstasy the next day November 23, 2013.

You are not allowed to take cameras or cellphones (or anything else that can take a photo) on the tour with you, so no engine room photos. You don't go into an engine room anyway - you go into the Engine CONTROL Room. Believe me, you don't want to be in an engine room when the engines are running.

Ecstasy is a Fantasy-class ship, so the tour costs 45 bucks, unless you want to take your sweetie along... (Does she WANT to go or is she trying to please you?)

I want to sign up for the behind the scenes tour as soon as i board the ship. Where would I go to do this? Thanks!

A few years ago on the Triumph they offered a free behind the scenes tour of the kitchen - they announced it one night at the end of dinner. Those interested met in the MDR the following sea day mid-morning as I recall and we enjoyed a nice Q/A with the culinary team and a walk through..

I'd like to do the full ship tour at some point

My apologies, I've been reading (I thought everything) in the Carnival ships section, and when I did a google search to find the listed price I thought I had seen, I see this same topic comes up all the time.

But, I see that EVERYBODY LOVES THE TOUR, so, I guess we are in !

I am thrilled at both of us doing the tour for just a little more than the price of a bottle of booze !

Edited by GregandDenise

My apologies, I've been reading (I thought everything) in the Carnival ships section, and when I did a google search to find the listed price I thought I had seen, I see this same topic comes up all the time.

But, I see that EVERYBODY LOVES THE TOUR, so, I guess we are in !

I am thrilled at both of us doing the tour for just a little more than the price of a bottle of booze !

We did it in September and its money well spent. It was awesome

Well worth the $95 on the larger ships. My mom and I took the tour on the Glory last summer and both really enjoyed it. It is very interesting [and quite remarkable actually] how they make the whole cruise experience work for thousands of people week after week. The laundry room and the kitchen were my favourites but the whole tour was great. Even though you cannot take cameras with you, the tour does include 2 group photos [one with the captain on the bridge and one on the bow of the ship] that they deliver to your stateroom later that evening. :D There are also some souvenirs [hat, lanyard, etc] thrown in so the price isn't so bad when you factor all that stuff; 8x10 photos are about $20 each as it is and you get 2 included!

Well worth the $95 on the larger ships. My mom and I took the tour on the Glory last summer and both really enjoyed it. It is very interesting [and quite remarkable actually] how they make the whole cruise experience work for thousands of people week after week. The laundry room and the kitchen were my favourites but the whole tour was great. Even though you cannot take cameras with you, the tour does include 2 group photos [one with the captain on the bridge and one on the bow of the ship] that they deliver to your stateroom later that evening. :D There are also some souvenirs [hat, lanyard, etc] thrown in so the price isn't so bad when you factor all that stuff; 8x10 photos are about $20 each as it is and you get 2 included!

We got 2 of each including the picture when we did it last month but only the photo from the bridge. We did a short cruise and it was $55 and so worth it. A lanyard ,hat and picture each paid for the tour pretty much

I went on the tour, and my daughter did not. A few hours after the tour was over, they delivered choc covered strawberries to my cabin. DD happened to be there by herself, and the little dear/darling/dratted ate them!

I blame it on poor parenting......

I paid $95 on Valor. It is a 4 hour tour and we went to so many areas. I booked on embarkation day...they added my group as a second group as first group already sold out.

We met at library early in the norming where they had coffee/tea, juice and danish set up for us. The tour was given by the head of Human Resources and he was very nice. He gave a brief overview of where we would be going (and said there would be bathroom breaks). There's alot of walking and standing and climbing stairs. We were "wanded" as a security caution and wore a badge so we could enter specific areas.

Here's where we went (hoping I remembered all areas):

Lifeboat/muster stations for learning info about the lifeboats

Front/point of ship where the ship's bell is (we waived to captain above on the bridge)...group photo taken as well

performer's dressing room/costume area (presentation given by lead choreographer)

Up on the stage/behind the curtain..presentation given by the lead show tech manager

Passed by the morgue and the brigg

Many areas on deck 0 (sanitation room, beverages area, control room, meat locker, crew's hang out and their dining area and training center, engine control room, luandry room where you get to try your hand at the towel folding machine)...each area's manager gave an excellent presentation

Galley tour...and we got to make a flower out of vegetables

Steakhouse presentation about beef aging given by head chef (received a gift from him)

At completion, we were given mimosa's (or plain orange juice or beverage) and a carnival drawstring bag with some goodies in it...then chocolate covered strawberries were delivered to my cabin as well.

I loved the tour..well worth it. It was also pointed out to us that as you see crew working behind the scenes, we would be their only passengers they would ever see throughout the cruise as many do not work in public areas!

Enjoy the tour!

Edited by abisha

I paid $95 on Valor. It is a 4 hour tour and we went to so many areas. I booked on embarkation day...they added my group as a second group as first group already sold out.

We met at library early in the norming where they had coffee/tea, juice and danish set up for us. The tour was given by the head of Human Resources and he was very nice. He gave a brief overview of where we would be going (and said there would be bathroom breaks). There's alot of walking and standing and climbing stairs. We were "wanded" as a security caution and wore a badge so we could enter specific areas.

Here's where we went (hoping I remembered all areas):

Lifeboat/muster stations for learning info about the lifeboats

Front/point of ship where the ship's bell is (we waived to captain above on the bridge)...group photo taken as well

performer's dressing room/costume area (presentation given by lead choreographer)

Up on the stage/behind the curtain..presentation given by the lead show tech manager

Passed by the morgue and the brigg

Many areas on deck 0 (sanitation room, beverages area, control room, meat locker, crew's hang out and their dining area and training center, engine control room, luandry room where you get to try your hand at the towel folding machine)...each area's manager gave an excellent presentation

Galley tour...and we got to make a flower out of vegetables

Steakhouse presentation about beef aging given by head chef (received a gift from him)

At completion, we were given mimosa's (or plain orange juice or beverage) and a carnival drawstring bag with some goodies in it...then chocolate covered strawberries were delivered to my cabin as well.

I loved the tour..well worth it. It was also pointed out to us that as you see crew working behind the scenes, we would be their only passengers they would ever see throughout the cruise as many do not work in public areas!

Enjoy the tour!

Great description! Thanks for posting.

I went on the tour, and my daughter did not. A few hours after the tour was over, they delivered choc covered strawberries to my cabin. DD happened to be there by herself, and the little dear/darling/dratted ate them!

I blame it on poor parenting......

When we did the Behind The Fun tour on the Fascination, we got chocolate covered strawberries, some cookies (which my son snorked right down LOL) and these little..well. They weren't cupcakes and they weren't corn cakes..but they tasted faintly of corn and they had a bit of a sweet flavor to them.

I have NO idea what they were, but they were SOOOO good.