Behind the scenes tour

skiwee

Ecstasy is a Fantasy-class ship, so the tour costs 45 bucks,

Erm, no.

BtF tour is $55/pp on all ships WITHOUT a steakhouse. It is $95 on ships with a steakhouse.

So, $55 on all Fantasy-class ships, $95 on most others, excepting (I believe) Victory and Triumph.

Having done three BtF tours on three classes of CCL ships, I will say that each one has been worthwhile, but a lot depends on how good (and how understandable) your tour guide is, how good each area's "presenter" is, and sometimes random factors like work being done, areas temporarily accessible, etc.

Well worth the $95 on the larger ships. My mom and I took the tour on the Glory last summer and both really enjoyed it. [.....] Even though you cannot take cameras with you, the tour does include 2 group photos [one with the captain on the bridge and one on the bow of the ship] that they deliver to your stateroom later that evening. :D There are also some souvenirs [hat, lanyard, etc] thrown in so the price isn't so bad when you factor all that stuff; 8x10 photos are about $20 each as it is and you get 2 included!

The number of photos depends on the price of the tour. My two $55 tours (on Imagination and Victory) included one group shot with the captain on the bridge. The $95 tour on Liberty included that group photo, as well as an individual photo with the captain and a group photo on the bow by the ship's bell.

The "schwag" has varied a bit. The $55 tours included a BtF lanyard, "Honorary Team Member" CCL cap, and a rubber wristband. The $95 tour also included a CCL "backpack" (really just a stuff-sack).

All tours included a ship fact-sheet...with the recipe for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake on the back. My mom and sister claimed THAT immediately. :D

Edited by Pellaz

All tours included a ship fact-sheet...with the recipe for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake on the back. My mom and sister claimed THAT immediately. :D

Was it a family size serving, or the one floating around that has 50 lbs of sugar, 5 dozen eggs and such ;) Not that there is anything wrong with making that much chocolate melting cake at a time :D

Was it a family size serving, or the one floating around that has 50 lbs of sugar, 5 dozen eggs and such ;) Not that there is anything wrong with making that much chocolate melting cake at a time :D

I just looked at mine from September and it does have the fun facts and on the back the recipe for wcmc family recipe

I took the Elation tour with my 12 year old son...we had a great time. Hat, Lanyard, and two nice plates of deserts in the room when we got back. Also group pic with the Capt on the bridge.

It was a pretty laid back tour, never felt like I was being hurried at all. All of the staff was friendly and easy going. We spent time in the kitchen, engine control room, crew training area, crew lounge, the Highway, etc....

So I was on the Conquest a while back and saw the $95 one but didnt go....so what is so much better on these ships that it commands almost twice the price?

• 2 weeks later...
I just looked at mine from September and it does have the fun facts and on the back the recipe for wcmc family recipe

And to clarify, it was a family-sized, not ship-sized recipe. :)

So I was on the Conquest a while back and saw the $95 one but didnt go....so what is so much better on these ships that it commands almost twice the price?

This may vary somewhat between ships and ship-classes, but the pricier tour SEEMS to get you the following extra:

• More places in the ship. The steakhouse and its separate galley were included, of course, and we were offered either champagne or orange juice there. We also walked by (but did not enter) the morgue and the brig
  • More photos. The longer tour includes a group photo AND an individual photo with the captain on the bridge, and ours (on Liberty)also included a group photo on the bow by the ship's bell
  • More "schwag." In addition to the lanyard and (I think) the cap, we also got a Carnival "backpack"...more like a stuff-sack that you can wear on your back. It was big enough to stuff a beach-towel in, though... :)