New Orleans post Sunshine cruise - decisions, decisions

bjd2

Hi everyone,

I'm feeling a bit confused right now and not sure what I should do. I got one way flights to NO on Southwest at a great rate some time ago and a hotel for 2 nights pre-cruise. We normally fly home the day the ship returns.

I'm not finding any reasonably priced flights at times I feel safe booking on Sunday 4/6. There are, however, flights extremely reasonable the next morning so I'm considering staying until Monday. I'm looking at hotels and am having trouble with knowing where they are and I don't think we're going to be into hooping it up that day. I think we just want something clean and easy to get to by cab or shuttle from the ship and then to the airport in the morning.

It looks like if I book a hotel around $150 and the SW flights on Monday that we'll save around 400 versus trying to fly home on Sunday. Plus that flight is non stop and no baggage fees so I'm really leaning this way. Just struggling with which hotel to book. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

There are so many hotels in New Orleans. If you don't think you will want to do anything that day, maybe the best option would be to stay near the airport. I personally wouldn't want to do that, I'd try to find something downtown where I could walk around a bit and have a choice of places to eat. I have stayed at the Hampton Inn on Carondelet St. I think that is considered central business district. There's a free breakfast like other Hamptons, and the room I had was a decent size. It's about two blocks to Canal, and across Canal is the French Quarter. I would stay there again.

A pricier option in the same area is the Roosevelt. Very nice.

If you use a search tool and come up with a list of choices and know what area you want to stay in, I'm sure posters here can come up with some comments and recommendations. Good luck!

There are so many hotels in New Orleans. If you don't think you will want to do anything that day, maybe the best option would be to stay near the airport. I personally wouldn't want to do that, I'd try to find something downtown where I could walk around a bit and have a choice of places to eat. I have stayed at the Hampton Inn on Carondelet St. I think that is considered central business district. There's a free breakfast like other Hamptons, and the room I had was a decent size. It's about two blocks to Canal, and across Canal is the French Quarter. I would stay there again.

A pricier option in the same area is the Roosevelt. Very nice.

If you use a search tool and come up with a list of choices and know what area you want to stay in, I'm sure posters here can come up with some comments and recommendations. Good luck!

Thank you very much for the suggestion. I did check the Hampton and they do not have availability on 4/6/14. Would a hotel in the business district be a cab ride from the ship? Are there any in this area with a shuttle to the airport?

Archived