Aft mini suites on sun class princess ships

HI there

Can anyone give me any information or pictures about the aft mini suites. I have been searching for a couple of weeks now and can't find anything out there! I have booked b748 on the sea princess and want to know whether I should change my booking back to a standard mini suite on baja deck. Any info on the sun, dawn or even P&O oceania would be relevant. Thanks in advance!

HI there

Can anyone give me any information or pictures about the aft mini suites. I have been searching for a couple of weeks now and can't find anything out there! I have booked b748 on the sea princess and want to know whether I should change my booking back to a standard mini suite on baja deck. Any info on the sun, dawn or even P&O oceania would be relevant. Thanks in advance!

We have had a full suite (B755) on the Dawn Princess which had a huge balcony. The mini suite next to us had a great balcony - smaller but still great and a corner. Friends had B755 on the Sun which was a mini on the Sun - I will ask her if she has any photos and if so, I will post them for you.

The side mini balconies are nowhere near as good as the aft-facing ones - don't change.

Cheers

Di

Thanks for your reply Di!

I'm really hoping the overall layout on the inside is just as good (and maybe even better) than the midship minis. I would love to see any pics of an aft mini if you can source one.

Thanks again!

cheers

I rang my friend this morning and asked her if she had any and she thinks she does but won't be home until later this afternoon. I will post whatever she has.

Unfortunately, I lost my hard drive that had all my photos on it and I didn't have it backed up:o and can't find the memory card:rolleyes:

I did find a couple of the balcony we had - would you like to see those - the mini would be about half the size of it but still much better than the side minis. The side minis are the same depth as the standard balcony cabin (not very deep at all) but double the width.

Cheers

Di

Hi Annabelliam,

I will be in an Aft Mini on Sun Princess in a week's time. I will certainly be taking pics of it.

I have never posted pics on here before, but will try if you don't get any before then.

Looking forward to our trip,

Rosee

My friend said she has 15 photos of the cabin but doesn't know how to email them to me. The good news is, she is coming down on Monday and will bring the memory card. I will take them off and then post some for you.

Cheers

Di

HI there

Whatever you do, don't change back to a mini suite!!! I've just come back from B748 on Sun Princess. Nothing short of magnificent! Huge balcony, with 2 lounges, 4 chairs and a full size table. Suite was open-plan with sitting area leading to dining area and on to the bedroom. Bathroom, with nice, glass-doored shower and spa bath was accessible from both bedroom and sitting room, with separate toilet able to be closed off.

Not to mention the complimentary mini bar, complimentary laundry and complimentary canapés each evening.

A wonderful experience.

I haven't fully downloaded my photos yet, but I'll endeavour to out some up in the next few days.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Whatever you do, don't change back to a mini suite!!! I've just come back from B748 on Sun Princess. Nothing short of magnificent! Huge balcony, with 2 lounges, 4 chairs and a full size table. Suite was open-plan with sitting area leading to dining area and on to the bedroom. Bathroom, with nice, glass-doored shower and spa bath was accessible from both bedroom and sitting room, with separate toilet able to be closed off.

Not to mention the complimentary mini bar, complimentary laundry and complimentary canapés each evening.

A wonderful experience.

I haven't fully downloaded my photos yet, but I'll endeavour to out some up in the next few days.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Yes we have had the full suite too but the OP is in a mini and wondering what the difference is between an aft-facing mini and a side mini

Actually, I think I cancelled B748 on the Sun Princess due to it having a huge beam through the balcony which the Dawn didn't have.

Cheers

Di

Hi Dizziedi,

We had an aft balcony cabin on Rhapsody last year, which also had a vertical beam slightly to one side of the balcony. I was concerned about it before we boarded, but as it turned out, that beam was so useful in cutting out the glare of the sun when taking photos off the balcony.

Also it didn't detract IMO from the view whatsoever, because you didn't need to put it in the shot anyway.

I certainly wouldn't worry about that again,

Rosee

If only I could justify the extra money it would cost us (total $4500 for mini - up to $7000 for full). Fingers crossed for the upgrade fairy - lol. I'm sure we will be very happy with the aft mini if its anywhere near as good as the suites - my understanding is that on this class of princess ship other than a bit of size and the extra amenities - the aft mini suites are nearly as good in décor and layout as the full suites. I hope this is true :)

Thanks again for all of the extra information.

I will be in an Aft Mini on Sun Princess in a week's time. I will certainly be taking pics of it.
Would love to see your pics from the sun when you get back Rosee.

Had an aft minsuite on Sun Princess and would grab it again anytime. Possibly the best cabin we've sailed in. Heaps of room and panoramic views every day. Huge balcony with steamer chairs to lie back in with a good book and a cuppa besdie you. Lucky you.

Archived