Excursion on Embarkation Day POA

blakethan

I am looking for a excursion on embarkation day. I need some one to pick me up at the Aston Waikki early that day, store my luggage and get me to the cruise ship terminal by 4:30. I haven't been able to find someone who will commit to all those requests! Any suggestions? What have you done on embarkation day in Honululu, dealt with luggage and got to ship on time? Just want to maximize my time and not waste the whole day just getting on the ship.

We are scheduled to go in just a few weeks...we had the same dilemna so we ended up booking oahu small group highlights tour which picks us up from hotel @630am and returns @230. We will store our luggage with our hotel until our return from shore excursion. The highlights tour covers pear harbor, Polynesian cultural center, dole plantation, lunch, and other sites. We will then take either shuttle or taxi to pier whichever is more economical...this will allow us to sample honolulu and still get to the ship in good time before muster drill for sure. Hope you find something that works for you.

You asked the same question on 10/22 and you didn't seem to acknowledge one way or the other.

I suggest you use the search engine here on CC and put in each island and read away, also use google search engine.

There is a wealth of information on the internet.

Edited by Ilovesailing

We are scheduled to go in just a few weeks...we had the same dilemna so we ended up booking oahu small group highlights tour which picks us up from hotel @630am and returns @230. We will store our luggage with our hotel until our return from shore excursion. The highlights tour covers pear harbor, Polynesian cultural center, dole plantation, lunch, and other sites. We will then take either shuttle or taxi to pier whichever is more economical...this will allow us to sample honolulu and still get to the ship in good time before muster drill for sure. Hope you find something that works for you.

Just to let you know that the tour you have scheduled is gonna be a short one in that you will not have much time at your stops.

This tour is very close to the tour offered by numerous tour operators and it's called North Shore tour. It's at least an hour to an hour and a half to the Polynesian Culture Center and they have 32 acres there.

In my opinion and having done PPC a couple times you really really need a full day and evening there, their evening show gets rave reviews. I suspect you'll be also rushed through Pearl Harbor as well. JMO

We sailed at the end of September on POA. My group of 10, checked out of our hotel and got a transfer to the pier around 9am, arriving at the pier just after 9:30am, dropped our luggage at the storage area, $5 per bag, and went walking. We strolled up to the palace, didn't do a tour, but would have had time. On the way stopped at a few sights, old churches and sculptures, wandered into the Honolulu business area, closed but interesting to see, had morning tea wondered around, popped into Ross Dress for Less (well the ladies did, the guys hung around outside) down to Aloha Towers and went up the top for a great view, had a late lunch and walked back to board the ship. We hadn't been down that area and found it interesting just walking around, but then we like just wandering around. I suppose from collecting our luggage to actually getting on board the ship it was just over an hour, so do allow time for the checking in process, maybe be quicker later in the day.

• 2 weeks later...
Just to let you know that the tour you have scheduled is gonna be a short one in that you will not have much time at your stops.

This tour is very close to the tour offered by numerous tour operators and it's called North Shore tour. It's at least an hour to an hour and a half to the Polynesian Culture Center and they have 32 acres there.

In my opinion and having done PPC a couple times you really really need a full day and evening there, their evening show gets rave reviews. I suspect you'll be also rushed through Pearl Harbor as well. JMO

I can't say how thankful I am that you expressed your opinion about this tour. After reading your post, I called Discover Hawaii Tours only to find out that they do not run this tour as advertised on viator within the 630am - 230pm time frame. I have since called viator and cancelled and I now I am looking for something else to do and still make it to ship on time for the 5pm mandatory life boat drill. We are going to do the Pearl Harbor/Honolulu Highlights on disembarkation day so we can have ride to airport.

I am looking for a excursion on embarkation day. I need some one to pick me up at the Aston Waikki early that day, store my luggage and get me to the cruise ship terminal by 4:30. I haven't been able to find someone who will commit to all those requests! Any suggestions? What have you done on embarkation day in Honululu, dealt with luggage and got to ship on time? Just want to maximize my time and not waste the whole day just getting on the ship.

we're just renting a car in Honolulu and the rental car agency will get us to the pier after we drop the car off..................;) we are DIY-er's though - and we're flying in on Thursday.

Edited by CactusFlower527