Advice Required

In Melbourne, there are free trams that run round the city centre. Also, there are free buses that go to some of the city's highlights (eg gardens, museum, markets). Both run frequently.

In Sydney, you could take a ferry to Manly (lovely beach suburb). After getting off the ferry, walk down the main mall area to the surf beach. You could also try Taronga Zoo, walking through The Rocks area (buildings from the original settlement), Botanic gardens, go up the tower, Hyde Park, Darling Harbour (eg Maritime Museum, Powerhouse Museum) ... All easy to access.

In Brisbane, you could head to the Southbank area for pleasant outdoor spaces (eg pools, river walks all the way to the Story Bridge, museum, art galleries - traditional and modern - Science Centre). If you want to see out across Brisbane, then head up to Mt Coot-tha. Another nice trip is a ride up or down the river on a City Cat to view the city and suburbs.

Port Douglas is a bit further from Cairns but a trip to the Sky Rail and Kuranda would be nice.

DH and I just completed the top end trip on the Radiance. The highlight for us in Benoa/Bali was the Elephant Safari Park in Taro village. It was the only ship board excursion we did and wow was it fun. The village is in the mountains so as the rest of the passengers sweltered in Kuta we had a lovely breeze and very pleasant weather. The elephants were great, we stood and watched for about 2 hours a 7mth female and her mother play. It was magical. I had read some not real great reports on Trip Advisor but I did not hear any complaints or negative comments on the 4 bus loads from our ship. Would highly recommend this excursion:):)

We visited Bali in February 2010 and hired a driver and it was the best day that we had on our cruise. He is still offering this wonderful service as I am still his friend on Facebook. You can find him at http://www.balidrivergede.com/

He will taylor your day however you want and will give advice about what is available and is not expensive at all.