Thomson excursions

Idiotabroad

Hello to all first timers:)...

I have just come back from my very first cruise on the Thomson Majesty, Italian Flavours. Although I have nothing to compare it to, I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed my experience.

Food was good mostly, and plentiful too. Entertainment was a bit cheesy but the sheer enthusiasm and passion (along with a lot of talent) by the performers made the shows very enjoyable. We were off the boat most of the time on various excursions, but when the ship was at sea it was hectic. Never able to get a sun lounger, tables and chairs on deck were all very busy too. However, it wasn't for long and we made the most of other activities/entertainment.

My partner had been before with Thomson and booked their excursions online, only one was booked independently of Thomson. This was a segway tour of Malta, incorporating the 5D Malta experience, which was great. The segway tour was fun and leisurely.

We booked a cycling tour of Rome. A beautiful city, and one which I will certainly revisit, however, NOT on a bike! The roads are treacherous. This is not for the faint hearted or the unfit (which unfortunately Ive discovered). We had two teens with us,who are competent with riding bikes, but not Italian drivers. There were no hi vis vests issued, which I would recommend on a trip such as this.

Another excursion.. Godfather Villages in Sicily. I have no head for heights and was horrified that a 52 seater coach was taken up the very narrow winding roads. Thankfully the driver got us up and down in one piece (that prayer I said in the Vatican paid off) but the trip was not worth my frayed nerves. A lot of time spent on the coach also. A wasted morning:(...

Archived