Coral Princess Sanctuary

Liesel

Hi,

We will be sailing on the Coral January 30th to Panama Canal (Partial Transit). I checked the deck plan and found that they have three Sanctuaries (Decks 12, 14 and 15).

My husband and I are seniors and do not like to lay in the sun.

Are all three sanctuaries the same? Is there one that might be covered for shade rather than just an umbrella and is quiet?

From what I can figure out you have to pay in advance; pretty much when you first arrive. Just wondering if it is worth the money.

Then there is the mid-ship lotus pool. I am wondering if that is similar to the Royal Caribbean's Jewels adults only pool. Does anybody know if that lotus pool is for adults only. I am just wondering if that would be a better alternative to the sanctuary.

I loved my two weeks in the Island's Sanctuary last year. Yes, go up as soon as you board and book if you plan to book it for the cruise. Otherwise, it's by the day and you have to get there very early that day the book.

The loungers against the gym wall on deck 12 are mostly covered and depending on where the ship is sailing and direction, you should have shade. These are usually the first loungers booked for the entire cruise. There is a pool right there for you to use. The Sanctuary and pool are adults only.

The Lotus pool is not adults only but it's a covered pool area so there usually aren't any kids there. It's much quieter as there isn't MUTS, aren't events or games and you can almost always have your choice of lounger.

The main desk for the Sanctuary is on Lido (14) deck. Quickest way there is to walk through the gym all the way to the front and out the door there. The second level with the cabanas is actually on Sun (15) deck. A word of caution when looking at the photos. All of those loungers in the shade were in the sun much of the day when you are sailing north and the sun is to the south. The Lotus Pool is posted as Adults Only but that doesn't include all of the seating area, We have found the Lotus pool area to be usually pretty quiet. There are great teak loungers and chairs with thick cushions. Another option is the similar loungers on the Promenade deck. Both of those areas are very comfortable, usually quiet and FREE.

Thank you all so much for your replies.

I think I will skip the sanctuaries and go to the Lotus Pool. Or at least I will not make any reservations for the sanctuaries right upon arrival. Can always check out the sun situation and if something in he shade should be available at the time, I can take just rent it then.

Thank you all so much for your replies.

I think I will skip the sanctuaries and go to the Lotus Pool. Or at least I will not make any reservations for the sanctuaries right upon arrival. Can always check out the sun situation and if something in he shade should be available at the time, I can take just rent it then.

The Lotus Pool on the Coral is quite nice. There is filtered sunlight through the glass roof, but there are many loungers that are always in full shade. Enjoy your cruise. The Coral Princess is a beautiful ship.

7441388850_2a8baff0dd_z.jpg

Coral Princess by Jasperdo, on Flickr

8654759359_60d6e6606c_z.jpg

Coral Princess by Jasperdo, on Flickr