Shark Ray Alley by air - can't decide who to use! Help!

kcparrothead

I have found 3 vendors and they are all the same price. Looking for feedback/reviews on who would be the most dependable: Aqua Scuba Belize, Eco Tours or Belize Excursions (dot) biz. They are all around $130, pick you up at the port & take you to & from the airport.

I'm also curious how much time we would spend snorkeling, and how much time we would be able to spend in San Pedro.

Thanks in advance for your help!! :)

Edited by kcparrothead

I have been looking too and I would love to hear people's experiences flying to Ambergris Caye for snorkelling.

I emailed Belize Excursions (dot) biz and they use Aqua Scuba Belize as their local operator. Aqua Scuba Belize on their website say you need to take the 8am departure. I don't know if they demand the same for passengers booking with Belize Excursions (dot) biz. I noticed Eco Tours only take you to Shark Ray Alley and not other parts of the the Hol Chan Marine Reserve to snorkel.

Thank you! I did find that out - that belize excursions uses aqua scuba. I think Eco Tours has the advantage for us because they pick you up at the port - much less stress - but we may just fly to San Pedro & spend the day there now & skip the snorkeling, then spend a week on Ambergris next year so we can see all of the reef and not feel rushed. Shore Trips (dot) com will take you there for $105 per person.

Post back and let us know what you decide and what your experience is like. Envious of you to stay a week at San Pedro! I want to do that too but DH only likes cruising…

Anyone out there snorkel at Shark Ray Alley? How did you do it? How was your experience?

• 2 weeks later...