1 night in Venice and 2 nights in Rome

Chris's girl

Hello. We are sailing on a 14 day Eastern Med / Greek Isles cruise next September. I am having a hard time finding a nice hotel that will let me book Saturday night only in Venice. They require a minimum of 2 nights.

We need to book 2 nights in Rome and then will cruise and then 1 night in Venice. We would like to stay fairly near the Piazzale Roma. It's not a deal breaker though. Anyone have any suggestions? Thank you!

Thank you for the quick response. I put Sept. 20th into their website earlier today and it said no rooms available. I will look at it again.

I was having that problem myself a while back for June 2014. When I emailed the hotel I was interested in directly, they did have rooms available. It was just too early to book. That might be your case also.

• 1 month later...

My DW and I spent four days pre-cruise last September in Rome. We used the Hotel Lancelot after finding several recommendations here on cruise critic. We had a lovely time and enjoyed the time spent both in Rome and at the hotel. It is a boutique type hotel with certain rooms that have views of the Colesseum; some rooms also have balconies. We tried using Trip Advisor to book the hotel, but each time we tried TA showed no rooms available. Finally, I called the hotel directly and it had rooms available. The owner (Mrs. Khan) and the service were very friendly and responded to our every request.

Check it our and definitely search for comments/reviews here on cruise critic. We had no complaints. Good luck.

Terry