Thoughts on Our Recent Dream Cruise

tlund

Our Dream service was so bad, and the ship in general, that the Dream cured me for future CCL cruises in the future. Its a shame they keep getting as bad or worse. There is no excuse for that photo. It is honestly naivety on the part of anyone here who think that he is giving them the 'California Hello' out of innocence. I went to Spain on a cruise once when I was a teenager and these spanish guys came up and said the only English word they knew. "You F__??" So no, I seriously doubt that it is out of ignorance. Additionally, we did get a comment survey emailed to us about 6 weeks later, but our wait staff had used monikers like Bruce Wayne so what good is reporting the horrible service we had 6 weeks later without even knowing who they were...

Originally Posted by Mark27284 viewpost.gif

You never saw the head waiter? We were on the dream a few weeks ago and our head waiter took the mike during every meal and talked to us, introduced the dining entertainment etc. he was also at the main entrance to tell everyone goodnight when the meal was over.

We had several nights when we were the last to be served our main course, but we also had table mates who were ordering multiple appetizers and they would not serve the main course until that was taken care of.

I completely agree about the lines, the buffet hours, and the small size of the areas like the comedy club. They needed to have the comedy shows in the main theater.

I was on the same cruise with Mark27284 and he is 100% percent correct. But check out this photo i took of our waiters, what should I do?

100_0849.jpg?t=1383482329

Why don't you send this in an email to the maitre'd?

His address is drmaitred@carnival.com. Give him your sailing date.

I'll bet he'd like to see that!

Edited by satbeachbill

I think the the service on Carnival declining is directly related to the prepaid tips.In the past waiters and room stewards would strive to get as much face time and give great service. I always left a nice tip and even with prepaid I usually tip extra for good service, but knowing that most people aren't going to remove their tips really cut down the motivation to provide top notch service.

I think the the service on Carnival declining is directly related to the prepaid tips.In the past waiters and room stewards would strive to get as much face time and give great service. I always left a nice tip and even with prepaid I usually tip extra for good service, but knowing that most people aren't going to remove their tips really cut down the motivation to provide top notch service.

Yes, but they could make a lot more if the service was better. We typically slip the staff extra cash, and I think a lot of other people do so as well. So, with a little bit of effort, they could make the normal tips plus extra. Our waiter came around on the last night to shake everyone's hand. He was looking for extra tips. The whole week we were an inconvenience to him and he rarely spoke to us. The last night, he's our buddy (even after he missed a whole round of entrees). Nobody gave them extra in the tips.

I was on the Dream a week ago and the dining room service was wonderful, we had a great team!! the piano bar singer was awful... as was the guy who was singing on the Lido deck. The Bar service was awful, It was almost impossible to get a drink!! A friend of mine waited 45 min. the waiter passed her several times with no soda, she finaly got it from another waiter

I was on the Dream 2 weeks ago(Oct 19th sailing)...I really didn't care for our main waiter......the assistants did all the grunt work.....he just thought he was charming:rolleyes:.Would insinuate sexual things..did "tricks" on the table indicating the little person he made from a napkin was male..complete with it "getting excited".I'm no prude,but didn't appreciate his remarks at all.....

Agree about the piano man singer.........walked by and kept on going.

Had trouble with our neighbors,fighting,cussing and blasting the TV to all hours of the nights..........security was called EVERY night..........Guest services called us everyday to see how our night went....it was ridiculous.

All in all,I enjoyed the cruise(and I normally do not cruise Carnival) and would cruise them again,but a few things were unacceptable to me.

I wish I had gotten an email survey!

Edited by PH8