Dream Cruising In January

lilmizz

Who has cruised the Dream In January before? Ive been told that it is never at full capacity , ( Kids back in school and such) I always cruised smaller ships in January and it was never over crowded never at full capacity either

Thanks all!:eek:

Cruised January 19th last year on the Dream. Had some kids but wasn't overcrowded. We had our 9 year old with us and it was enough he could make friends but not like a June or July cruise by any means. We are cruising this January out of Tampa on the Legend because we enjoyed that time of year. Seemed like it was an out of season crowd. Very nice. And all the stops were warm and the seas and weather cooperated.

Who has cruised the Dream In January before? Ive been told that it is never at full capacity , ( Kids back in school and such) I always cruised smaller ships in January and it was never over crowded never at full capacity either

Thanks all!:eek:

Was on 1/5/13 Dream cruise, didn't really feel crowded to me but I don't know if it was sold out or not. I do know that while the temps were pretty nice we sure had some rough seas due to wind and missed Isla Roatan and Costa Maya and went to Nassau instead. Had a great time and like sailing in January.

Thanks for the response , Thats what I was hoping for!! Again, I love cruising in January. its not to Hot and it is " off season" So I think the crew interacts with you more. ! Cant wait til January 18:Dth!! Well 17th.. Thats when it all starts!

We cruised the Dream in Jan 2011. Early Jan, and we were packed to capacity. Lots of college students there. we also missed Roatan and Costa Maya.

Thats y we changed our booking from the 4th of Jan to the 18th. They are all back in school!

Thats y we changed our booking from the 4th of Jan to the 18th. They are all back in school!

Well, since I am bringing along 2 college students, we don't really have a choice on the dates.

I wonder how often the Dream misses Roatan? Just in Jan or throughout the year?

As far as crowded... most Florida based cruise ships sail full every time. It's just a matter of how much you pay to ride. Slower times of the year mean lower fares, but they fill each ship every time. The last time I recall sailing on a ship that was not full was two weeks after 9/11 (and we cruise 2-3x per year). So the number of people on board should be about the same each week of the year. The cruisers at slow times just pay a heck of a lot less than the cruisers over the holidays or in June-August. There should be fewer kids either way. At the time I write this, CCL is offering Dream in January for $300/person (interior guarantee) so you know they will fill up!

As far as Roatan... the ship has to back into a narrow channel and if the wind is too high (especially the larger ships like Dream) have to pass. Higher winds are more common in the western Caribbean in the northern hemisphere's winter months, ergo it's more likely to miss Roatan in Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar than other months. The locals call these stronger winter winds "nortes" (beacuse they blow from the north). They are common, but impossible to predict in advance.

As far as crowded... most Florida based cruise ships sail full every time. It's just a matter of how much you pay to ride. Slower times of the year mean lower fares, but they fill each ship every time. The last time I recall sailing on a ship that was not full was two weeks after 9/11 (and we cruise 2-3x per year). So the number of people on board should be about the same each week of the year. The cruisers at slow times just pay a heck of a lot less than the cruisers over the holidays or in June-August. There should be fewer kids either way. At the time I write this, CCL is offering Dream in January for $300/person (interior guarantee) so you know they will fill up!

As far as Roatan... the ship has to back into a narrow channel and if the wind is too high (especially the larger ships like Dream) have to pass. Higher winds are more common in the western Caribbean in the northern hemisphere's winter months, ergo it's more likely to miss Roatan in Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar than other months. The locals call these stronger winter winds "nortes" (beacuse they blow from the north). They are common, but impossible to predict in advance.

Thanks for the info! im not booking anything in Roatan as I kinda want to just stay on the ship that day seeing how the first two port days are gonna be very busy. So if we miss it , so be it. No biggie for me. Hope it isnt a must see for others tho. That would be disappointing for them. Gotta relax!

We have cruised in January a few times and will be on the Dream for the same cruise. Once you get to mid January there are less children on board and college students are usually back in class too. February is also a good time in the islands for weather - usually warm enough for beach activities but not enough to be blistering. But once Spring Break starts (March & April) the ship takes on a different atmosphere.

Cheers!

We have cruised in January a few times and will be on the Dream for the same cruise. Once you get to mid January there are less children on board and college students are usually back in class too. February is also a good time in the islands for weather - usually warm enough for beach activities but not enough to be blistering. But once Spring Break starts (March & April) the ship takes on a different atmosphere.

Cheers!

HI THERE, Glad to know your on our cruise also. Are you on the roll call? I love January Cruises!

Well, since I am bringing along 2 college students, we don't really have a choice on the dates.

I wonder how often the Dream misses Roatan? Just in Jan or throughout the year?

On our 2010 Legend cruise, we docked at Coxen Hole, because it was too windy to go to Mahogany. The shopkeepers were rushing around to open all the stores, as they were switching everything to Mahogany Bay most were already empty.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app