Cunard Our fares

glojo

Cap'n,

On studying my email, I found this: "Turning to your booking with us in xxxxxx, whilst your cruise departs after the changes to our fares have been made, the Cunard Fare for your cruise has not been reduced at this time. I would like to assure you that the terms and condition of your booking have not changed and your Price Promise continues to be in place for the life of your booking and is now against the Cunard Fare.

In the future, if we lower this fare, we will write to you and offer a benefit equal to the fare reduction."

That appears to say that I still have the benefit of the Price Promise, albeit against the Cunard Fare not the Vantage Fare. If the Cunard Fare drops before I sail, then I will be offered OBC (presumably) to compensate. Have I misread this?

I think you are correct. But Cunard fare v Cunard fare won't benefit from that,it's only those fares which have been booked under vantage fares..once all vantage fares have sailed then it won't happen anymore..I think!

My information came from the Cunard website which may have been a silly place to expect to garner correct detail. Isn't this what was promised with the Vantage fare? If Cunard offer a "special" fare to fill a ship, I cannot believe that they will contact everyone who has booked to offer them "a benefit equal to the fare reduction."

Somewhere in the Terms and Conditions will be clause saying that it only applies if the cheaper fare is offered at the same Ts & Cs as the original fare.

My information came from the Cunard website which may have been a silly place to expect to garner correct detail. Isn't this what was promised with the Vantage fare? If Cunard offer a "special" fare to fill a ship, I cannot believe that they will contact everyone who has booked to offer them "a benefit equal to the fare reduction."

Somewhere in the Terms and Conditions will be clause saying that it only applies if the cheaper fare is offered at the same Ts & Cs as the original fare.

Yes, indeed, cap'n. I started to book a Cunard Fare voyage on cunard.co.uk and clicked on the link where it says

You are booking a Cunard Fare voyage

Click
to see Terms & Conditions

Here is a summary of what is displayed regarding the Price Promise.

The Cunard Fare

Terms and Conditions

For cruises departing from the Spring of 2014 onwards, our new headline fare is the Cunard Fare that retains all the benefits you value, with reduced fares offered on a selection of cruises.

Price Promise

Price Promise means that you can secure your booking early with confidence, safe in the knowledge that if we were to reduce the
Vantage Fares
for your cruise, we guarantee to automatically pass on the value of the saving to you in the form of a complimentary benefit such as on board spending money or an upgrade to the value of any reduction.

My emphasis added to the reference to "Vantage Fares".

Regards,

John.

EDIT: The "Click here" link I provided above should work for our friends in the UK, but not for those in the U.S.

Edited by bluemarble

I have an email in my in box, enticingly entitled:

Some important information about your cruise

.....we are changing the way that we price our holidays ...I wanted to take the opportunity to let you know what this change means in general and specifically for your booking....

...your booking is not affected and your terms and conditions remain the same.

I do hope that this letter has reassured you about how our new pricing affects your booking..

=========

Marvellous news!

Very informative!

I think though that I shall spare my dad (intended recipient - his booking has my email attached to it) the excitement.

We also received this email. I am very unhappy as we are about to go on QE and the fare has dropped dramatically for balcony cabin. We bought at getaway many months ago and are therefore not allowed any OBC or upgrades according to Cunard. I will never book early with Cunard again .it is not worth giving them our money upfront.

We also received this email. I am very unhappy as we are about to go on QE and the fare has dropped dramatically for balcony cabin. We bought at getaway many months ago and are therefore not allowed any OBC or upgrades according to Cunard. I will never book early with Cunard again .it is not worth giving them our money upfront.
I'm sorry Molly but I do not understand what you are saying (I blame my medication)

You state that many months ago you bought a 'Getaway' fare for a forthcoming cruise. Is the Getaway fare something I always think of as heavily discounted option that is offered in the latter stages of a cruise being sold?

If so, then what is the complaint?

Apologies for being a bit slow and as you rightly say, you do not have to book early, your choice, your decision.

Hi Molly and thank you for trying to clarify your post.

You got a significant discount compared no doubt to the Vantage fare that some passengers paid but clearly you have now found you could have paid even less for that self same cruise.

I am solely on the outside looking in and for folks that can take a cruise at the drop of the hat and are not fussed where they lay their weary heads, then leaving things to the last minute is a 'no brainer' but for folks that have to book their time off, then they have to plan accordingly.

What I have seen on this forum is folks loosing out when playing this type of Russian Roulette. They leave it and leave purchasing a cruise and then all of a sudden the cruise is sold out, or the Getaway fare has gone up!!

Just like a few other members of this forum, I have no choice and have to book a cabin at the full, advertised price, I know that, I accept it and am looking forward to our cruise and if folks pay a significantly lesser price, then good luck to them.

I could say I don't look at the price the cruise is selling for but that would be untrue. But what is true is the fact that anyone that wanted to take this cruise and waited for a Getaway price are out of luck as all cabins have sold out at the full price..

Enjoy your cruise and try not to look at the prices... Unless they go up :D

Booked the cruise late August for end November cruise including flights. Now on sale still with flights at approx £400 pp cheaper.

Thats the complaint .yes I do have the choice and next time I'll wait to last minute

So presumably you were not aware of the conditions attached to the Getaway booking.

How would you feel If the Getaway price had gone up (and yes they do at times)

David.