NEW Carnival Legends Show

TimeYet?

No, I think he's referring to the "NEW" Carnival "LEGENDS" SHOW. It's been rumored that Carnival has finally gotten rid of a few of the legends on the old "Legends Show", and updated them with new legends, and new songs. The only ones who didn't get replaced were supposed to be Elvis, and Frank Sinatra. I "do" the Legends Show every time it's presented, but haven't seen the NEW show yet, or even heard of anyone who has seen it. It all seems to be a mystery? Maybe with the 2.0, and Playlist Productions, the new "Legends Show" was terminated?:mad:

"SKY"

I've yet to be on a ship that has this. Do the people that are the "legend" actually sing the songs themselves?

Yes definitely!!! Its completely nerve wracking and quite a production even if you aren't a stranger to the stage. You get no words to remind you, just an mp3 to listen and practice to for a few days on the ship. I did much better the second time and my friend thought she had more fun too. First time, I just thought if I don't fall on my face, I'll be happy. But I didn't like the way the sound was mixed and how I performed it. I much preferred it this year on the Dream. Plenty of volume on the Mic, I could sound a lot better. Rehearsal on stage (you HAVE to come to rehearsal or forget it) went fine, but at performance even tho I feel like I was standing on my star, they say to dance around, and one of the dancers got really close and I whacked her with my arm but I don't think anyone noticed and I kept on track. Its a lot harder than it looks, and Ive been a karaoke diva since I was 6...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Like Mermaids says, it's a lot of fun! It gives you a real "backstage look" into all the blood, sweat and tears that go into doing a show. I've been "Frank" 5 or 6 times, and "Elvis" four or five. Nerve wracking,,,,, but lots and lots of FUN! :cool:

"SKY"

I misunderstood about the Legends show. We were on the Legend last month and saw what we were told was a new show, maybe new dancers? called Hot Jazz. It was excellent.

They did not do the Legends in Concert type show, although we saw it 3 times on our Splendor B2B2B cruise around South America. The singers were Elvis, Tina Turner, Frank Sinatra, Diana Ross, Garth Brooks ?......if this helps.

The New AND old Legends show is being phased out... the NEW show does exist.. James Brown was replaced by Bruce Springsteen in it. There are other changes as well. Ricky Martin is gone and Michael Jackson was added...

still more changes but I just dont remember them all.. the show I did Bruce on was Elation in 2012. I was on her again this year in january and Legends has been replaced by the guest talent show... John Heald posted just the other day that they are thinking of getting rid of that show too and bringing back more professional entertainers...

We have stopped going to the Legends show as it is rather boring seeing the same ones over and over.

Would rather they have professional entertainer and hope they go that route.

Hope they even update their welcome aboard show as it has brought new meaning to the word STALE.

I would have loved to have seen Legends once..but glad they are working on both some Live and assisted by audience new entertainment again...maybe they are Listening!!! One thing about not cruising as much as i'd like yet..hard to get boared and my info keeps building..even eras I missed ...LOL..I love it here..keep dreams alive and get to go in spirit with you all!!

We have stopped going to the Legends show as it is rather boring seeing the same ones over and over.

Would rather they have professional entertainer and hope they go that route.

Hope they even update their welcome aboard show as it has brought new meaning to the word STALE.

Stale and boring can be said about most of the shows, not just the Welcome Aboard Show.:(

]I would have loved to have seen Legends once.[/color].but glad they are working on both some Live and assisted by audience new entertainment again...maybe they are Listening!!! One thing about not cruising as much as i'd like yet..hard to get boared and my info keeps building..even eras I missed ...LOL..I love it here..keep dreams alive and get to go in spirit with you all!!

Once is all you need, after that not entertaining.

Hope you get to cruise soon.:D

Stale and boring can be said about most of the shows, not just the Welcome Aboard Show.:(

True their entertainment is not what it used to be.

Going to see our first Playlist production show and it is being panned by most but will see for ourselves.

Depends on the 'luck' of your fellow guests. Some can be cringe worthy, typically the Frank Sinatra (who steals the show) has always been top notch as the serious ones go for that role.

We found out years ago on our first CCL that the Talent Show had been cancelled and many of us guests basically pitched a fit. Every cruise I had ever been on had had a talent show (and the only one that didnt, was happy to feature us as entertainment at a deck party). They heard so many comments, they went ahead and redid the schedule to have the Talent show that week. Poor CCL, they cant figure out what to do. The Legends was a GREAT way to offer a talent show feel with a production, and it is quite an experience. But it has been on for years and they have a lot of repeat cruisers plus I think sometimes it was hard to get volunteers for roles. So I certainly can't blame them. I guess SuperStar Karaoke is probably the next best thing, being able to sing with the band. We shall see what they decide to do...

I have managed to find a list of some of the new legends,

but so far have not found the song list.

Does anyone have a complete list of the legend performers and

songs that are performed?

Thanks in advance.

Hi :)

From the Splendor this past May/June 2013 the Legends performers

and songs they sang were:

Gloria Gaynor - I Will Suvive

Cher – If I Could Turn Back Time

Tina Turner – What’s Love Got To Do With It

Shania Twain – I Feel Like A Woman

Neil Diamond – Sweet Caroline

Bruce Sringsteen – Born In The USA

Elvis – sang a 3 song montage

Frank Sinatra – My Way

Michael Jackson – Billy Jean

Garth Brooks – Friends In Low Places

:)

Edited by PortSideCruzan

On Legend 10/26/13 the Legends included:

James Brown (he was great), Aretha Franklin (fair), Elvis (wasn't Elvis), Britney Spears (get the hook), Garth Brooks (this way done by the magician) and Frank Sinatra (brought the house down). Staff did Sonny and Cher and Dolly Parton.

Edited by crusinpsychRN

This is great news! On our cruise last month, my husband and I had a discussion about how we love the "concept" of the Legends show, but we didn't want to attend since it's the same songs and joke skits every time. We were hoping they'd switch it up sometime soon. Looks like I might get my wish in a few weeks. :)

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Frank Sinatra – My Way

Michael Jackson – Billy Jean

Garth Brooks – Friends In Low Places

:)

They must be rolling out the new lineup very slowly. I was on the Freedom in October and it was still the old show. Hope Glory has the new lineup in a few weeks.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Frank Sinatra – My Way