Carry on drinks/snacks

kruisin' kim

I know that you are allowed to bring soda and and water on. Has anyone carried on Red Bull or juices?

Also, I recently had bariatric surgery, requiring me to have strict dietary needs and consume 80 grams of protein daily. Any comments on carrying on greek yogurt or protein bars and drinks, etc. would be appreciated.

Thanks!

foods should be ok. But, do not rely on us here on CC. Call Carnival, explain your needs and get them to e-mail you confirmation of what you can do. Thus you will have substantiation for your needs once you board.

We did call Carnival, and can't seem to get a consistant answer from anyone. We were finally told to have a letter from our physician, (in a sealed envelope) explaining our needs. But they also said, they may not even request it...

Do you know for sure if your cabin has a refrigerator? I don't think protein bars would be a problem. We have brought snacks and candy onboard with us. Last cruise we brought two jars of olives in our carry on and they didn't even ask about it. There may be a limit on the amount of liquids you can take, though. I would definately have a letter from your doctor handy and I would keep contacting Carnival until somebody gives you a definitive answer- preferably in writing.

I don't think I would bring the yogurt, the mini fridge doesn't get get very cold. I think they would spoil. The bars would be fine, since they are wrapped. I'm sure you will be able to find plenty of healthy proteins at the buffet. Happy Sailing!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Allowed to carry-on 12 non-alcoholic drinks per PAX. Foods should be in original sealed packaging. Greek yogurt could be problematic; guess you can bring it aboard in a 12"X12"X12" cooler and keep it iced down.

Your only problem is if you want to bring more than the 12 permitted drinks because of dietary restrictions. Carnival and Security not always on the same page.

They usually have yogurt out at breakfast but I am not sure if they have started carrying the Greek type yogurts. You can also bring on a small cooler (12x12x12 or less) with yogurt in it (cold packs, not ice) and just have the steward keep some ice in it for you. I agree that the fridge doesn't really stay cold enough to keep dairy products. I would also have their special services department note your requirements. They would be able to tell you what you would need and might be able to tell you what they would be able to do for you.