Need recs for tour and guide

jalynn

I need to find something for our group of 10 adults to do on our day in Belize. The group includes one 82 year old who can't walk long distances, but she's fine as long as there's a place to stop for frequent rests. I had planned on cave tubing until I realized that there is a fairly long hike to get to the water. Can anyone recommend a suitable activity and a local guide? (I hope I'm not breaking any CC rules asking for the guide rec. I did read the rules and think I am okay, but got flamed once for a post and it BURNED! :))

Thanks in advance-

We used Ivar on our last trip to Belize and he was awesome. Went snorkeling. He was in the water leading us--and pointing out things we would have otherwise missed. He gave very good presnorkeling instructions making sure we were careful around the coral to protect it. We then went swimming with the rays and sharks then went to one of the Cayes for a beach lunch. We liked it so much we booked him again for our next trip.

pbuay@yahoo

I would recommend Richard Lord Taxi and Tour Service. 664-6279 or richard@belizeprofessionaltourguide.com

We just retd from 9 days in Caye Caulker. We took the water taxi from the cruise pier to CC. Richard approached us while waiting for the water taxi and said when are you returning and I can pick you up to take you to the airport. He offered us a discounted fareof $20 instead of $25. I gave him the date/time of our return knowing there was a 50/50 chance he would not be there upon our return. I had no worries, though, as I could have easily gotten another cab if necessary.

Sure enough our water taxi landed and there he was holding a sign with our name. The weather had been iffy that day so he even came to the earlier water taxi arrival just in case we changed our plans and came early to avoid bad weather.

When it came time to collect our bags from all the others he jumped right in and made sure the porters grabbed our's first. Along the entire route to the airport he gave us a narrated "tour/history" of his island.

He also provides transport to a variety of activities in/near Belize City including zip line, zoo, cave tubing and beach day/resort/water parks. I do not recall his prices, but email him and he'll be able to tell you the various tours he offers and prices.

He's very reliable, polite and efficient.

Have fun!

In Jan 2013 we used "Nacho and Cynthia" for tour guides. They took our group to Altun Ha ruins, lunch at local restaurant and to the "baboon sanctuary" (baboons are actually Howler monkeys & are wild and uncaged - they frequent an area along the river where a Belize guy lives. He has cultivated a relationship with them and when we were there he had good success leading us along the river to find where they were currently hanging out. He "calls" them and the babies will come down the tree to see him & eat fruit. Adults will NOT - they stay in the trees. stopped at grocery store to buy cashew wine.

Nacho and Cynthia were great guides - look them up on TripAdvisor or search this forum for posts about them. They are flexible and will put together a tour for your group.