Chef's Table Reservations

Djptcp

DH and I are sailing on the Legend the week of Thanksgiving and wanted to try the Chef's Table after reading so many positive reviews. I sent an email to groupeventplanning@carnival.com last Friday and received our reservations confirmation on Monday. Right after I sent the email, I received a message saying I would hear from a ship's crew member within three days. Very easy and I'm glad we didn't wait until we were on the ship.

I searched this message board to research the Chef's Table and one message had a printable menu. Looks very interesting and I think the whole experience will be fun.

We did the Chef's table on the Pride last January. Vivek was our Executive Chef. The dinner is an experience - not just a dinner. Food was fabulous - to say the least!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We also had some entertainment during a break between courses (gave us the chance for the first few courses to digest and make room for the next few courses)!

Enjoy. :D

We are also traveling the week of Thanksgiving on the Pride and I'm really tempted to try the Chef's Table. I'm not sure what my hesitations are but this post is really, really pushing me to make a reservation. From what I read and seen, $75/pp is a steal for what you get. Do you pick a night or do they just schedule you on a set night?

We are also traveling the week of Thanksgiving on the Pride and I'm really tempted to try the Chef's Table. I'm not sure what my hesitations are but this post is really, really pushing me to make a reservation. From what I read and seen, $75/pp is a steal for what you get. Do you pick a night or do they just schedule you on a set night?

On our cruise, the Chef's Table was Tuesday and Friday if there were enough people for a second night.

We booked it for Tuesday as soon as we got on board the Pride on Sunday. The Chef, Vivek, came to our table Monday night (we were anytime dining, but he still found us) and introduced himself.

On Tuesday, we found out that the Chef's table was cancelled for that night due to the illness of one of the guests (there was a group of 10 celebrating a retirement, plus us and another couple who we were sailing with). The group of 10 cancelled due to the honoree's illness.

Vivek came to our table in the MDR on Tuesday evening to a) apologize, b) confirm that we (the 4 of us) will be there on Friday, and c) to let us know that even if it is only the 4 of us, he will hold the Chef's Table. we ended up with 4 other couples for a total 0f 12 and it was definitely worth every penny of the $75. We did leave an additional tip for the servers, but that is not required. The service was spectacular and we thought they deserved the extra $s.

The thread linked below has convinced me to drag my husband to the Chef's Table.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1538638

I remember that post; I followed it to the end! I started reading quite a few of her post because her reviews and pictures are/were so great. If I had a special event coming up I would love to hire her as my photographer.

Just did the Chef's Table last week on the Inspiration, on Halloween-

Since most of us were in costume- we relaxed immediately

and had a Fabulous Time!!

Not often you get to dine with Sonny & Cher, Red Riding Hood &

the Big Bad Wolf :eek:

Also attending were 2 Ancient Romans- totally befitting the

Bacchanalian Feast....

Pam

P.S. This lusty Pirate Wench had the time of her life!!

Am booking the CT for a cruise next month, too.