Cove Balcony vs. Spa Balcony

enyaw

Hello, everyone!

I'm on the Breeze on an 8n-ighter in January. 2 cabins booked in a Cove Balcony -- and we chose that because they look so cool! What a unique experience to be so low to the water.

Buttt -- I just discovered Spa Balconies. We love spa "stuff" -- and would buy the spa thermal suite pass no matter where we're located (I know it's free when you get the spa balconies). But with the cost difference, it would come out to be the same price (cove cheaper than spa).

Should we move up? Stay in a cove? Anyone have experiences on both?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Hello, everyone!

I'm on the Breeze on an 8n-ighter in January. 2 cabins booked in a Cove Balcony -- and we chose that because they look so cool! What a unique experience to be so low to the water.

Buttt -- I just discovered Spa Balconies. We love spa "stuff" -- and would buy the spa thermal suite pass no matter where we're located (I know it's free when you get the spa balconies). But with the cost difference, it would come out to be the same price (cove cheaper than spa).

OK

Here is my opinion... We have sailed on the Magic the last 2 cruise which of course is a sister ship. Last Cruise we stayed in a cove balcony. We happen to have one that was not under a lifeboat which made it feel bigger and they are much more private and being able to see fishes at the port and really hear the waves and feel part of the ocean was great. Loved this room. So the cruise 3 months prior we traveled in the Spa balcony room. View was awesome!!! Wow the twelfth deck is high. NO real noise of the ocean boat does rock a a little more. Furnishings are slightly better. Quiet as can be and we were the next cabin to the water works never was a problem. Loved both of them would again have a hard time to decide between the the 2.

So here is my close call....

I personally took a shower everyday in the Spa when we stayed in the Spa room. These showers are awesome and steps from your room plus you dont have to wait for your spouse/ kid. While you are just hanging around waiting on what ever there is always a spa or pool to sit in and again only steps away and ther is no crowd and it is so pleasant. Shampoo and bath wash is better also plus you have a bracelet and dont have to check in and get a pass to get in. Just loved these rooms.

Ok so next trip we do cove...

Cove wow!!! How can you be so close to the water?!?!?! Love it!! Boat is real calm down there also quiet. We did buy the spa pass and only used it 20% of the time we did when we were there. Elevator time hassle etc. But the cove balcony really puts you there with the sea.

So take that as a coin flip..

This next cruise we are doing a Premium aft balcony on the Sunshine cause of the spa differences and no cove so fingers crossed!!!!!

OK

Here is my opinion... We have sailed on the Magic the last 2 cruise which of course is a sister ship. Last Cruise we stayed in a cove balcony. We happen to have one that was not under a lifeboat which made it feel bigger and they are much more private and being able to see fishes at the port and really hear the waves and feel part of the ocean was great. Loved this room. So the cruise 3 months prior we traveled in the Spa balcony room. View was awesome!!! Wow the twelfth deck is high. NO real noise of the ocean boat does rock a a little more. Furnishings are slightly better. Quiet as can be and we were the next cabin to the water works never was a problem. Loved both of them would again have a hard time to decide between the the 2.

So here is my close call....

I personally took a shower everyday in the Spa when we stayed in the Spa room. These showers are awesome and steps from your room plus you dont have to wait for your spouse/ kid. While you are just hanging around waiting on what ever there is always a spa or pool to sit in and again only steps away and ther is no crowd and it is so pleasant. Shampoo and bath wash is better also plus you have a bracelet and dont have to check in and get a pass to get in. Just loved these rooms.

Ok so next trip we do cove...

Cove wow!!! How can you be so close to the water?!?!?! Love it!! Boat is real calm down there also quiet. We did buy the spa pass and only used it 20% of the time we did when we were there. Elevator time hassle etc. But the cove balcony really puts you there with the sea.

So take that as a coin flip..

This next cruise we are doing a Premium aft balcony on the Sunshine cause of the spa differences and no cove so fingers crossed!!!!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this review/opinion. Still doesn't give me clarity -- but nonetheless, thanks for the information. I think I'm leaning towards staying in the cove balconies.

One question -- when you were in the spa was it ever crowded? Is it same-sex or unisex?

Thanks again!!

I have stayed in the spa balcony on the breeze and visited the cove balcony on the breeze for a cabin crawl. If it was a wash financially I would pick the cove over the spa balcony any day. Way more usable space.

Hello, everyone!

the cost for a spa pass is about $250 for 2 people/week... so if the difference between the cove and spa is less then 250 its a great deal and if having a complete smoke free environment is important then go spa but if not take the cove and buy the spa pass :)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this review/opinion. Still doesn't give me clarity -- but nonetheless, thanks for the information. I think I'm leaning towards staying in the cove balconies.

One question -- when you were in the spa was it ever crowded? Is it same-sex or unisex?

Thanks again!!

for us it was busier on sea days then port and yes it is unisex

Thanks again!!

The crowd is not big at you will never wait to get in the "T" pool. or any hot chair. Hard to beat.

Hello, everyone!

YES most definately.