Better coffee, reeeallly?

Mary Ellen1

I really hope this is true. My husband and I are serious coffee drinkers. We always have it delivered to our rooms in the morning. We suffer through it because, well it's coffee and better than none at all.

Again, the coffee is better . Let's call it adequate but if you are " serious coffee drinkers" I must say that it still isn't very good.

Other possible terms - So-so, O K, middling, C, 65%,unexceptional,better, a small upgrade and finally reasonable.

That's all that instantly come to mind.:D

The buffet coffee this summer on the Glory was better. Not great but better. At least it's going in the right direction.:)What are you talking about ? I believe a latte or cappuccino was under $3.50 at the coffee bar.

Your right, Between Wife, Daughter and myself drinking about 4 cups daily were looking at $50. :rolleyes:

I drink nothing but coffee. All day everyday. The coffee on the ships I've been on have been passable.

Last month on the Fantasy the coffee was terrible..in the MDR and on the lido. I could not drink it at all. I ordered the coffee from the specialty for the first time on any of my cruises. I couldn't drink that either. It was only a small step up from what was offered in the lido and MDR. When I asked the waiter what the heck happened to the coffee, he informed me they changed brands. For the first time, I will be bringing coffee with me on my cruise in 3 weeks. I have never even bought instant coffee before but I read in a review recently that Starbucks carries instant packets so I made a note to stop and get some. Although I despise instant coffee, it has to be better than what I experienced on the Fantasy. Other than my trip to China, I have never found coffee that I couldn't even get down until the Fantasy last month. Maybe it was just the way in which they made the new coffee..I don't know. But I'm not taking any chances on the Pride! :)

I hope they've improved the Lido Deck coffee. Last summer I still thought it was basically undrinkable and stuck to the coffee bar, which I thought was decent. People's tastes in coffee are so varied there is no way they'll please everyone, but the old coffee did seem to displease pretty much everyone. If you're addicted like me you'll drink it anyway to avoid the headache from caffeine withdrawal :rolleyes:

I can usually survive by switching to tea for the week. But -- poor me! -- we're going on a 14-day B2B2B :eek:. So I may pack some Starbucks Via, but I think I'll omit bringing my own ground dark-roast coffee & filter cone... Still deciding, though. :confused:

I drink nothing but coffee. All day everyday. The coffee on the ships I've been on have been passable.

Last month on the Fantasy the coffee was terrible..in the MDR and on the lido. I could not drink it at all. I ordered the coffee from the specialty for the first time on any of my cruises. I couldn't drink that either. It was only a small step up from what was offered in the lido and MDR. When I asked the waiter what the heck happened to the coffee, he informed me they changed brands. For the first time, I will be bringing coffee with me on my cruise in 3 weeks. I have never even bought instant coffee before but I read in a review recently that Starbucks carries instant packets so I made a note to stop and get some. Although I despise instant coffee, it has to be better than what I experienced on the Fantasy. Other than my trip to China, I have never found coffee that I couldn't even get down until the Fantasy last month. Maybe it was just the way in which they made the new coffee..I don't know. But I'm not taking any chances on the Pride! :)

Hmmm, this sounds like a really good idea bringing your own instant. I will have to remember this for our next trip! The lido coffee is always very bitter and leaves a strange aftertaste.