POA cabin selection help please!

Mom2B&Z

We have decided to take a trip to Hawaii with my parents in March-April 2015. There will be my two parents, myself, DH and our two children who will be 10&7 yrs old. We already have a condo booked for 2 weeks on the big island, but were considering adding a week on POA to see a bit more of the area. While we have a suite booked for our next cruise, I don't see any suite options that suit 6 people with any degree of privacy. There are adjoining balcony cabins available, but the price for all of us is well over $10k. Adjoining suites are more than we want to spend. Any other options for six people that I'm missing? The POA seems to have much fewer options in terms of cabin types than the other NCL ships we have sailed.

With your group I'd probably go with the Jr suite(SH) off the back with an adjoining balcony . Love the Aft ;)

Edit: The absolute cheapest would be 2 adjoining OV on deck 4

Edited by mpk218

If you do not require a lanai on your cabin, the cat. SJ on deck 7 could fit your needs.

Sleeps 8, has 2 bathrooms, plenty of storage, sleeps 4 in one room on single beds, and 4 in the other room on 1 king bed, and a sofa sleeper. The room has at least 2 windows, although they are somewhat blocked by life boats. I have not stayed in one, but visited one our friends were in.

Chuck

Edited by Molokai-Chuck

I really don't think you are going to do that in 1 Suite.

We are putting 4 adults in a deluxe penthouse suite that "says" you can put 5-6 in it ..

however there is one bathroom.

1 King Bed in a bedroom

1 murphy wall bed and 1 sleeper sofa (both DOUBLES) - out in the main living area.

We are paying - $10,000 for this... there is nothing unusual about this cost.

Suites on POA aren't cheap. :(

I can't imagine cramming 6 people in there.

Just make sure you understand EXACTLY what you're getting, especially if you are booking a suite on Deck 13 as there is MAJOR confusion surrounding those suites.

When we booked Suite 13502 in October 2012, it was classed as a 2 bedroom deluxe family suite with 2 bathrooms. Imagine our shock when NCL called to tell us we only had 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom. No price reduction either. Of course, back when we booked, the cabins were just a gleam in someone's eye. -sigh-

Edited by CactusFlower527

that can accommodate that much of a crowd. I don't know financially, but I would take 3 of the lower priced rooms to you can have some privacy and three baths.

That's what I thought, but based on the other NCL ships we've sailed I thought I was missing something. Apparently I'm not :rolleyes: It's quite disappointing that there are no good 2 bedroom suite options.

We don't mind having all our family of 4 in one balcony cabin, we have done it three times before and it has been fine. The balcony is a must for us, as DH wants somewhere private to go when the rest of us go to bed! My parents don't like the buffet for breakfast and I thought they might like the suite breakfast and lunch restaurant option. However, I can also drag everyone to the MDR to eat those meals for much less than a suite ;). Plus the focus of this trip is Hawaii, not the ship kwim?

My family of 8 recently booked POA for next year as well. It looks to me as though the configurationof this ship is different from others. We opted for 2 regular balconies and 2 balconies with adjoining capability . The balconies aren't adjoining though, it is an adjoining door on the inside of the cabin. At least we will have 4 bathrooms this way. have fun. :cool: