What do you expect from your cruise

Kalleroo

Reading the Boards it is becoming very clear different people expect very different things from their cruise experience.

To us it means getting away from city life, the noise and fumes.

To be able to relax in peaceful surroundings with the possibility of

making new friends to chat to. To enjoy wonderful dining experiences and to RELAX in peace. To have wonderful relaxing music prior to going into dinner, of course not to worry about the washing, ironing and dish washing, even with a dishwasher! to keep away from kitchen chores is our idea of a holiday/cruise.

Not necessarily visiting lots of ports, but to see some new lands and to understand their ways of life.

To be on a wonderful safe cruise ship and smell the salt air, to mingle with the officers and captain at social events. Having said that on some cruise lines bumping into the captain and officers is a daily event, probably because we prefer the smaller vessels. It becomes a close community on that type of cruise line.

Importantly to us being on the boat is the idea of cruising, not partying, or climbing rock faces.

Smaller cruise ships are our favourite.

As one of my UK friends said a few months ago, 'I was exhausted just walking from one end to the other', she had been on the biggest cruise ship afloat.:)

Yes a cruise ship under 30,000 tonnes is the way to cruise to us anyway.:D

I am sure there are a lot on this board who will totally disagree with us:D