Ideas for things to do in Miami

lostone65

We are taking a red eye and arrive in Miami at 9:30am the day prior to our cruise. Looking for things to do and places to go during the day and then in the evening for some night life (not crazy, but fun). We've never visited Miami so we are pretty clueless. I've been doing a lot of research on here but still feel a bit lost. We will be there December 6. We are staying near the airport but have family driving in so we will have transportation.

We are taking a red eye and arrive in Miami at 9:30am the day prior to our cruise. Looking for things to do and places to go during the day and then in the evening for some night life (not crazy, but fun). We've never visited Miami so we are pretty clueless. I've been doing a lot of research on here but still feel a bit lost. We will be there December 6. We are staying near the airport but have family driving in so we will have transportation.

Since redeyes are so miserable, I would plan on a day by the pool then a fun dinner in South Beach.

Any recommendations for a place to eat? I'm wanting Cuban.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

David's. Puerto Sagu is good but much more of a dive. Versailles will be recommended but it is in another part of town and South Beach is so much more fun to walk around.

David's. Puerto Sagu is good but much more of a dive. Versailles will be recommended but it is in another part of town and South Beach is so much more fun to walk around.

Thanks! I am partial to dives as they usually have the best food!

I don't mind red eyes because the trade off is much better. Coming from the Pacific Northwest to anywhere south and east is an all day travel day. This way we have the entire day and I am usually so excited to be anywhere that is warm and sunny I am not tired!

Thanks! I am partial to dives as they usually have the best food!

I don't mind red eyes because the trade off is much better. Coming from the Pacific Northwest to anywhere south and east is an all day travel day. This way we have the entire day and I am usually so excited to be anywhere that is warm and sunny I am not tired!

David's isn't high brow at all and you'll see lots of locals. At PS they'll speak to you in Spanish, you may get a waiter that speaks no English and guaranteed to see MBPD eating there.

David's isn't high brow at all and you'll see lots of locals. At PS they'll speak to you in Spanish, you may get a waiter that speaks no English and guaranteed to see MBPD eating there.

I've been crawling all over your blog, great information! Thanks!