port of mia to fll airport 11:10 flight

marti1

How early can you walk off the ship in Mia. Can we make a 11:10 flight with a private transfer to the airport?

Last month, we sailed Breeze out of Miami but Had flights in/out of FLL. Self-assist was called before 7:30. Last year, we had an 11:45 flight out of FLL for Miami sailings. We never had a problem. Travel time was under 30 minutes.

May I recommend SAS (ridesas.com) for your transfer? We've used them numerous times. We've always had excellent service.

Edited by stargate fan

Under normal circumstances, it's no problem....BUT....delayed cruise, delays in customs, traffic congestion or road construction, customs at the airport....there are just to many things that can go wrong. Why book such an early flight and then worry about it the WHOLE time. I've booked early flights while flying out of Fort Lauderdale and cruising out of Fort Lauderdale. We made it BUT I worried the whole time. And it was Fort Lauderdale to Fort Lauderdale, not Miami to Fort Lauderdale. I have also had ALL of the above happen which would have caused me to miss our flight. If the price is the issue, book a 6:00 pm flight. They're cheaper than the afternoon fares....and then relax and enjoy your last day of vacation.

I would have to agree you are calling it close. I have done early flights in the past and we have had a couple cruises that we did not get off the ship til 10:30. I would not take the chance of it happening. If you do book it that way make sure you have trip insurance. This way if you miss the flight they will be able to put you on the next. Bad thing about Ft Lauderdale airport is that there is no where to sit and they do not let you in the terminal til 2 hours before hand. Have sat on the floor many time. We are going to do this airport in Feb but we are going to book later flight and are going to do something so we do not end up sitting around for hours doing nothing,

The OP is no fool. Of course, 12:30p would give more cushion than 11:10a. Of course a meteor could strike off shore and cause a tsunami. Of course an Ebola virus outbreak could result in a quarantine. The issue is whether it is reasonable to get from POM to FLL within the OP's stated parameters. The answer is, "yes."

My guess is that there is a significant price difference between the flight OP is considering and other possibilities in the early afternoon. The real question is whether the $$$ outweigh the worry. This calculation is different for each of us. I would book the 11:10a, but clearly some would not. If I were to book late afternoon flight, I would look for something to do other than sit around FLL for hours.