Falmouth cruise port

vvelez81

Hi

Falmouth is one of the stops on our cruise. We are four adults and my 3 year old son. I've been reading a lot of reviews about this port but I can't find anything that is toddler friendly and apparently the beaches are too far from the port. Any suggestions of what to do with my little one while we are in Jamaica? Is it safe to walk around the port? Do you know of a closer beach? I found Jacob Taylor beach but I'm not sure the distance between the port and the beach. Any suggestions are really appreciated. Thank u guys

There are many local beaches within 10 minutes drive from the port. I am

from that area.

Time N Place - Nice little tuck away place with Bar, resturant and rest rooms are up to standard

N-resort - A nude Beach and resort next to Time N Place

Breezes Resort - The hotel is been refurbish but the beach is nice

the cruise line also have its own private beach tour set up.

Burwood Beach - a public beach which is very nice. White sand and clear water. its is also ideal for young kids and beginner swimmer because you can walk very far out in the water and you will only be covered few feet.

Burwood Beach is my favorite beach in the area but there are positive and

negative to it.

Positive

very close. You can take a taxi Ride for about $5

Free Beach. Burwood is a public beach so no entrance fee

White sand and clear water.

People. The locals are mostly friendly after you pass outside the port gates

Negative

Facilities. not up to standard. The Parish council said that they will upgrade the facilities

Free Beach. not sure if this is a negative or not. The beach is open to the public so you will see a fare amount of locals families at the beach. For me,

this is positive but some cruisers may not see it that way.

Security. despite the aggressive vendors, Falmouth and the surrounding communities have some of the lowest crime rate in Jamaica so you

may not see any security guards. Some cruisers may not feel comfortable

without security present

Great info Rickie J! I don't want to drive to Ocho Rios or Montego Bay so something local or close to the port is great. I saw some other reviews on time and place that were mostly positive so we are planning to go. Would you say that is going to give us a good taste of local flavor and Jamaica?

Great info Rickie J! I don't want to drive to Ocho Rios or Montego Bay so something local or close to the port is great. I saw some other reviews on time and place that were mostly positive so we are planning to go. Would you say that is going to give us a good taste of local flavor and Jamaica?

Yes you will. You can also walk into town and check out local restaurants.

Once you leave the main gate, there will be vendors trying to sell you goods

but if you don't want anything just tell them you just walking into town site seeing. Once you reach in town there will be a lot of local flavor of Jamaica. The people are very friendly.

I think we r planning to head that way too on our stop to Falmouth does anyone know who and how to get in touch with transportation?

Some of the other forms have independent operator information. You can also just walk into town and take a taxi. If you going to take a taxi from in town, then you should just ask the locals were the taxi stand is that going towards burwood beach. Went you reach the Taxi stand then tell the driver to drop you off time and place. Just remember Jamaican Taxi charge per head so if there are say 3 people going then if will about $5 each. Once you ready to leave time and place then just tell the bar tender to call a taxi for you to bring you back to the ship

Question for Rickie J 2013 ....

If you take a taxi from Falmouth to Burwood Beach, approx $5 per person, when you are ready to go back to the ship, are there taxis readily available to take you from Burwood Beach to the ship? Does someone need to call for a taxi?

Question for Rickie J 2013 ....

If you take a taxi from Falmouth to Burwood Beach, approx $5 per person, when you are ready to go back to the ship, are there taxis readily available to take you from Burwood Beach to the ship? Does someone need to call for a taxi?

You could just tell the taxi driver to come back for you in such and such time. Burwood Beach is close to the road so you could also stop a taxi that is passing buy heading to Falmouth town. note in Jamaica when you stop a Taxi cap you need to hold out your hand. Also make sure the car have red plates. Those are the only Taxi cap that legally can carry passengers. Car without red plates also carry passengers but that's not legal. Burwood Beach is around 5 to 10 minutes drive from the pier. You may even meet some locals on the beach who might be able to drop you off at the pier.

I think we r planning to head that way too on our stop to Falmouth does anyone know who and how to get in touch with transportation?

http://www.mytimenplace.com/ You deposit $10 and pay another $10 when you get there. Includes transportation. He picks you up about a 3 min walk outside of gate, next to a bank. We are going on our upcoming 12-10 Divina cruise.

There are many local beaches within 10 minutes drive from the port. I am

from that area.

Time N Place - Nice little tuck away place with Bar, resturant and rest rooms are up to standard

N-resort - A nude Beach and resort next to Time N Place

Breezes Resort - The hotel is been refurbish but the beach is nice

the cruise line also have its own private beach tour set up.

Burwood Beach - a public beach which is very nice. White sand and clear water. its is also ideal for young kids and beginner swimmer because you can walk very far out in the water and you will only be covered few feet.

Burwood Beach is my favorite beach in the area but there are positive and

negative to it.

Positive

very close. You can take a taxi Ride for about $5

Free Beach. Burwood is a public beach so no entrance fee

White sand and clear water.

People. The locals are mostly friendly after you pass outside the port gates

Negative

Facilities. not up to standard. The Parish council said that they will upgrade the facilities

Free Beach. not sure if this is a negative or not. The beach is open to the public so you will see a fare amount of locals families at the beach. For me,

this is positive but some cruisers may not see it that way.

Security. despite the aggressive vendors, Falmouth and the surrounding communities have some of the lowest crime rate in Jamaica so you

may not see any security guards. Some cruisers may not feel comfortable

without security present

Breezes Resort - is now open and rename as Royalton White Sand All inclusive. A lot of refurnishing was down. I am not sure if they have day pass but there are lots of things to do there. http://www.hotels.com/ho439572/royalton-white-sands-all-inclusive-falmouth-jamaica/#description

My wife and I have been to Jamaica twice in the last few years. The first time there we met an amazing guy who has a tour service. His name is Kevin Brown and his phone number is 876-886-0656. Tell him Brian and Sue Ann gave you his number. He will take you anywhere you want whether it be just up the road or an all day trip. Just give him a call and like with anyone just make arrangements on a price before you get in their vehicle that way you wont be dissapointed. He is a great honest guy and will do you right. Another person we met and will use every time we go to jamaica is Marva Shaw and her son Javia. We have gone with both of them and they too are super nice people and know Jamaica like the back of their hand. They own a tour service called knowjamaica.com. They have tours you can choose from or you can do like we do and fly by the seat of your pants and tell them you want to be taken off the beaten path. We go to see the real country and not just the tourist destinations. Any of the three of these people will take you wherever you want and you will be safe with them all of the time. 3 Super amazing people. Give them all my love from Oklahoma. We will be using them again when we go back next June.

• 2 years later...
Hi

Falmouth is one of the stops on our cruise. We are four adults and my 3 year old son. I've been reading a lot of reviews about this port but I can't find anything that is toddler friendly and apparently the beaches are too far from the port. Any suggestions of what to do with my little one while we are in Jamaica? Is it safe to walk around the port? Do you know of a closer beach? I found Jacob Taylor beach but I'm not sure the distance between the port and the beach. Any suggestions are really appreciated. Thank u guys

Burwood Beach sounds nice and is suppose to be under a 10 min. ride.

I think that is the 1 we will go for.