Just off the Splendor 11/1-11/9

dvond

I am not a review writer lol ,but I will answer any questions when I return.

This board has been very helpful.

I plan on using the spa, so maybe I can be helpful in that area. :0)

Definetely check into the sushi situation LOL. Maybe it's available in the buffet area? Let me know. Thanks! Have a wonderful trip!:)

That is what's great we all have different opinions as for VROOM we have see it many times and went to comedy instead, that show has been on Carnival for 5 years and like I said an OK cruise is always better than being home. I am just tired of so much trivia, bingo and same old dances, new cruisers would see it different

Thanks for your honest review! We'll be on the Splendor on the 25th and over Thanksgiving week. It was a bonus vacation for the two of us - we couldn't beat the price - under $1000 total for an outside room for the two of us so we figure that even if it's not the most amazing ship and itinerary ever (which we know it's not), it's probably better than working, cooking, and cleaning at home all week, haha.

Hopefully we'll have decent weather, but if not....did you happen to check out the spa or gym at all? We're thinking we might get the spa package so that if it IS inclement weather, at least we'll have something relaxing to do. Were they selling day passes, by any chance?

I was on the same cruise and found plenty to do. And the entertainment was much better than past Carnival cruises, especially VROOM. So take what you read here with a grain of salt. Everyone has different expectations and opinions. IMO the food was fine and the crew worked very hard to make the cruise as pleasant as possible. Its Carnival, not Cunard just keep that in mind.

That is what's great we all have different opinions as for VROOM we have see it many times and went to comedy instead, that show has been on Carnival for 5 years and like I said an OK cruise is always better than being home. I am just tired of so much trivia, bingo and same old dances, new cruisers would see it different

Done 104 days on Carnival cruises since 2003 and don't remember ever seeing Vroom. Ticket to Ride so many times I practically have it memorized but Vroom?

I agree about the same ol same ol activities though, too old and too tired.

I was also on the same cruise(my 11th) and loved it. Price was great and loved the relaxing sea days, even the unscheduled one when we missed Nassau. The crew did an amazing job. I don't know what people expect for the price they pay.

Not heated and sometime open, it was closed more than I expected due to rocky ship they said

I enjoy sea days when weather is good and when I do not have the kids as they had their hearts set on the Atlantis which is their favorite place to visit

Question: Is the midship pool (under the retractable roof) heated? Are you able to use it with the roof closed while you are still in the cold weather?

Thank you!!

Sent from my iPad

Sailing next month and wondering what the overall temperature inside the ship was like in the Lido buffet and other public rooms on the ship.

When we sailed on the Splendor in June, the Lido buffet was always freezing! We learned that we could sit outside by the back pool and the Indian food section in the morning at breakfast.

It was actually warmer by the pool with the dome up. Most evenings the dome was up when the movie was on.

MARAPRINCE

• 2 weeks later...
Sailing next month and wondering what the overall temperature inside the ship was like in the Lido buffet and other public rooms on the ship.

When we sailed on the Splendor in June, the Lido buffet was always freezing! We learned that we could sit outside by the back pool and the Indian food section in the morning at breakfast.

It was actually warmer by the pool with the dome up. Most evenings the dome was up when the movie was on.

MARAPRINCE

I just returned home on Monday morn. I think the temp in all rooms were just right. Now out on my balcony on the last night was a different story OMG was it cold!! :eek::eek::eek: