cost of internet use and downloading pics

katyb405

We leave for our mediterranean cruise on the carnival liberty in about a week.

What is the cost of using the internet on the ships? Do they have a price for unlimited surfing or is it by the minute, hour?

I have a canon digital camera. At home when I take pictures I download them into a program called Zoombrowser. My memory card on my camera at the highest resolution only holds about 150 pictures. I know we will be using much more than that on our 12 day cruise. How can I download and save the pictures using the computers on the ship?

any help would be VERY much appreciated!!!

I can't help you with the cost since I've never cruised w/ Carnival. However, I can tell you that it's unlikely that you'll be able to use the ship's computers for downloading your photos. Usually, the ship's computers are set up to limit your access to only the monitor, keyboard and printer. Ports and drives are usually not accessible by passengers. The computers are really meant for internet access and email use only.

Your alternative is having the ship's personnel download your photos from your card and burn a CD for you. Many ships now have that service offered by their photo department. Costs vary.

However, I think your best bet is just buying a couple additional cards. Memory card prices have really gotten to be very inexpensive. I'm assuming you either don't own a laptop or don't want to bother taking it along (perfectly understandable).

We leave for our mediterranean cruise on the carnival liberty in about a week.

What is the cost of using the internet on the ships? Do they have a price for unlimited surfing or is it by the minute, hour?

I have a canon digital camera. At home when I take pictures I download them into a program called Zoombrowser. My memory card on my camera at the highest resolution only holds about 150 pictures. I know we will be using much more than that on our 12 day cruise. How can I download and save the pictures using the computers on the ship?

any help would be VERY much appreciated!!!

Don't know for sure about Carnival, but on Holland America if you use their computers, you can by package deals. By the minute the cost is 75 cents per. I purchased a package of 50 minutes for $27.50 which brought the cost down to 55 cents per minute. On a 7 day cruise, I checked email daily and that was plenty. In fact, I still had 2 minutes left the last day so I surfed to used it up! I would expect that Carnival will be somewhat comparable.

Cheers,

Archived