Shore Excursions on embarkation/disembarkation days

vissi877

Hello everyone,

This is probably a really silly question and I think I know the answer, but just wanted to confirm.

I am sailing on QM2 next March from Adelaide to Sydney with a stopover in Melbourne. I have already booked a shore excursion in Melbourne via the Voyage Personaliser (we have a full day in Melbourne) and I have noticed that the online system allows me to book shore excursions in both Adelaide and Sydney (our embarkation and disembarkation ports).

It isn't possible to do shore excursions on these days is it?

Hello everyone,

This is probably a really silly question and I think I know the answer, but just wanted to confirm.

I am sailing on QM2 next March from Adelaide to Sydney with a stopover in Melbourne. I have already booked a shore excursion in Melbourne via the Voyage Personaliser (we have a full day in Melbourne) and I have noticed that the online system allows me to book shore excursions in both Adelaide and Sydney (our embarkation and disembarkation ports).

Hi vissi877. Well, my guess is that if the online system allows you to book shore excursions in your embarkation and disembarkation ports, then it is possible to book those tours if desired? -S.

I just checked my Voyage Personaliser and found that there is an excursion offered on embarkation and disembarkation day.

But....

From the VP...

Important Information

Guests who are embarking or disembarking the ship in Southampton should not book a shore excursion for this port. Southampton excursions are available for guests visiting Southampton as a port call.

Since the cruise begins and ends in Southampton it is not a port call as indicated above.

I have heard of other cruise lines offering excursions upon disembarkation mainly for people who have late flights home.

Edited by Scrapnana

I just checked my Voyage Personaliser and found that there is an excursion offered on embarkation and disembarkation day.

But....

From the VP...

Important Information

Guests who are embarking or disembarking the ship in Southampton should not book a shore excursion for this port. Southampton excursions are available for guests visiting Southampton as a port call.

Since the cruise begins and ends in Southampton it is not a port call as indicated above.

I have heard of other cruise lines offering excursions upon disembarkation mainly for people who have late flights home.

Hi Scrapnana, that's pretty much what I've seen on voyage personaliser for voyages embarking/disembarking in NY. But maybe it's different in Australia, and the options are more varied there? -S.

Thanks Salacia and Scrapnana for your replies. There isn't any specific disclaimer in my Voyage Personaliser regarding shore excursions at those ports, however there is this note:

Please Note: Before booking this Shore Excursion please check that it does not clash with your travel arrangements.

I'm not exactly sure if that refers to embarking/disembarking or just to ensure we don't have anything else booked for those days. I'm very confused. I would assume VP would not allow me to book any shore excursions on those days if we are unable to do them.

Edited by vissi877

TI would assume VP would not allow me to book any shore excursions on those days if we are unable to do them.

On my April cruise, VP allowed me to book a couple of tours for German speakers. This was rather strange, as the tour description said nothing about German, and the woman at the tour desk (who picked up that I was on a German-speaking tour and left a note with my tickets to query it) said that the German-speaking tour wasn't even offered online. Some strange glitch. She fixed it all for me.

I therefore would query what VP does and does not allow. You should be able to check that by phone call to Cunard.

Hello everyone,

If you are disembarking, what do you intend to do with your luggage? You may not be able to take it with you on tour.