Grand Turk Tour - Island Trams

rplusr

We are just off Royal Princess after doing the Inaugural Caribbean Cruise and then the 7 day Eastern Caribbean.

When planning our holiday I was looking for a tour on Grand Turk rather than just spending time on a beach which really isn't our thing. In searching the internet I came across Island Trams (http://www.islandtrams.com) who do private tours.

After making inquiries with them I posted on our Roll Call for the Inaugural Cruise to see if anyone was interested and ended up getting over 60 who wanted to do the tour

The tour would take us around the island showing us the various sights and incorporating stops at some of the Pubs/Bars along the way.

Our tour day finally arrived (1st November) and we met Doug and his crew at White Sands Resort. We ended up with just on 60 doing the tour and had the tram to our selves.

Doug is very knowledgeable about his island and its history and his running commentary on the tour was very informative. We saw wild horses, donkeys, flamingos, the lighthouse, Cockburn Town, salt ponds, buildings going back hundreds of years. Of course we stopped at a number of bars along the way for a cold drink and something to eat if we wanted.

The cost was reasonable with us paying for the tram tickets and then we paid for our own food and drinks as we went along.

This was a really great day and I would highly recommend Doug and his crew.

Seeing as how it was such a great day 8 of us booked another 3 hour Pub Tour with Doug for our return on our 7 day Eastern Caribbean Tour. This proved to be another fun time and everyone thoroughly enjoyed our visits to some different Pubs/Bars. We watched the sun set at a bar on the beach, just amazing.

Happy travels

rplusr

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We have done the tram tour twice, once pre booked and once when our other tour fell through. They leave from the White Sands Resort, which is just past the Port beach area, you can walk there in less than 5 minutes. We saw the guys booking walk ups at the end of the pier. They also have guys up and done the beach booking. The tour leaves around 10am.