Big Al's Disney Dream review 11/3-11-7

big al

• 1 month later...

Thanks Al for taking the time to give such a complete review. We are going on the Dream in May. 1st time on a Disney ship. Just going with adults this time. 1 question: how big (and crowded) is the adults only pool? Thanks again!!

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks Al for taking the time to give such a complete review. We are going on the Dream in May. 1st time on a Disney ship. Just going with adults this time. 1 question: how big (and crowded) is the adults only pool? Thanks again!!

Adults only pool is pretty small, BUT, I LOVED the spray mists Disney puts around the pool...it's a cool mist you feel when you come out of the pool..AND the pool was heated, not freezing like all others seem to be...nice hot tub, but the Oasis/Allure one is better for adults...it was pretty crowded on the sea day, but get there early and you will be fine...great ship, don't miss the shows & fireworks...and as I mentioned both Palo dinner & brunch, truly an experience..any more questions let me know...

Alan

In your review you mention all the Disney channels, plus 3 ESPN and ABC. Just wanted to point out that those channels are also owned by Disney.

I did enjoy your review! I am planning my first Disney Cruise for next month and cant wait to surprise my Fiancee and daughter with it. They have no idea we are going!

In your review you mention all the Disney channels, plus 3 ESPN and ABC. Just wanted to point out that those channels are also owned by Disney.

I did enjoy your review! I am planning my first Disney Cruise for next month and cant wait to surprise my Fiancee and daughter with it. They have no idea we are going!

That's great! How old is your daughter? They have group programs for all ages for kids..

Big Al

• 7 months later...

Thanks for the review. (I know I stumbled across it quite a bit after you wrote it.). However I really appreciate it as we are going on the Dream in a few weeks and have only sailed Royal.

If you happen to see this are their any policies or things that we should be aware of that are handled differently than Royal?

I did pick up the 1:30 stateroom open time from your review.

Thanks!!!

Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the review. (I know I stumbled across it quite a bit after you wrote it.). However I really appreciate it as we are going on the Dream in a few weeks and have only sailed Royal.

If you happen to see this are their any policies or things that we should be aware of that are handled differently than Royal?

I did pick up the 1:30 stateroom open time from your review.

Thanks!!!

Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The towels return thing is not a big deal like on Royal...I don't like having to return towels every day & wait on lines like RCI does..not a big deal..DON'T miss Animator's Palate for dinner & if you can, don't miss the Palo Brunch ( only on 4 nighters)..it will BLOW YOU AWAY..Pirate show & fireworks very cool...just follow my suggestions & you'll be fine..don't miss any of the main musical production shows unless you don't like that stuff ( we do), and if you don't have children, make sure you go to Serenity Beach on Castaway Cay, IMO, by FAR the nicest private island around ( best burgers in their adult's ONLY buffet!) Anymore questions let me know..we LOVED the Dream so much...

Alan

• 1 month later...

Loved your review! We are Disney cruisers and prefer to cruise over a WDW visit, although we often will do WDW for a couple days before a Disney cruise.

We typically have done dinner and brunch at Remy on the 4 night Dream cruise. Palo on the Magic and Wonder many years ago didn't excite us much. Last cruise we decided to try Palo for dinner and were blown away! Did our usual Remy brunch the next day.

After your review, we will definitely try the Palo brunch on our upcoming February Dream cruise.

Thanks for the great review. We agree with your observations. A tour of the Dream, FREE by the way!, is offered on each cruise where they explain much about the ship, the unique Disney construction, and much more. A not to miss event.

Great review, you read my mind. I agree with every point you made and I have been on Carnival Miracle & Freedom, RCI Freedom and Disney Dream. Our next trip is on the Fantasy in May. Yes Disney cost more, but for my money the food, rooms, service, entertainment and overall ship experience just is better then the other ships I've been on.

The only thing I didn't do was eat at Palo. I just can't see spending the extra money when all of the other food was so good!

• 1 month later...
Loved your review! We are Disney cruisers and prefer to cruise over a WDW visit, although we often will do WDW for a couple days before a Disney cruise.

We typically have done dinner and brunch at Remy on the 4 night Dream cruise. Palo on the Magic and Wonder many years ago didn't excite us much. Last cruise we decided to try Palo for dinner and were blown away! Did our usual Remy brunch the next day.

After your review, we will definitely try the Palo brunch on our upcoming February Dream cruise.

Thanks for the great review. We agree with your observations. A tour of the Dream, FREE by the way!, is offered on each cruise where they explain much about the ship, the unique Disney construction, and much more. A not to miss event.

Great review, you read my mind. I agree with every point you made and I have been on Carnival Miracle & Freedom, RCI Freedom and Disney Dream. Our next trip is on the Fantasy in May. Yes Disney cost more, but for my money the food, rooms, service, entertainment and overall ship experience just is better then the other ships I've been on.

The only thing I didn't do was eat at Palo. I just can't see spending the extra money when all of the other food was so good!

Thanks for the nice compliments! Cruisefamilyforever- a word here..NOTHING can prepare you for that PALO BRUNCH...it is indescribable... and IMO, $20-25 PP for that meal is nothing...you would pay EASILY $75 pp anywhere else...listen to Big Al, don't have breakfast that morning, make a reservation for the Palo Brunch, check your health insurance, BP & Glucose levels, take a deep breath, and GO to the brunch- you will NEVER forget it...next time we will dine AGAIN in both- simply too good to pass up...

daka2002- we almost tried Remy's,but I hate wearing sport coats on my vacation, AND I'm not a big 3 hours for dinner guy, but glad you tried Palo's for dinner - now, go for brunch and I take NO responsibility for what happens to you when you dine there, LOL...wish they had 5 night Dream cruises over the winter, but they only do that over the summers....

Big Al

Counting days to our "Escape from North Texas Winter" Disney Dream 4 night cruise in February. Yes, a 5 nighter would be perfect: Palo, Remy, and the three main rotational restaurants. Yet they don't do it in the winter, that I know of.

As far as the Palo buffet, can't sell it to my wife - she likes to be waited upon; no buffet if there is a way around it! So this time we will dine at Palo on embarkation day and brunch at Remy on the sea day. :)

I found a great detailed recent review on Palo's brunch that showed close up pictures of every station and item served.

http://eatingwdw.com/2014/02/14/brunch-at-disney-fantasys-palo/

I must say it looks great, but the deal breaker for me is the scallops and crab are served cold. Those are two of my favorite items and if they were hot I'd eat there in a New York minute!

I'll be happy with the regular dining options, but you did tempt me to give Palo a second look.

Great review! I am going on my first DCL cruise on the Dream in May so I really enjoyed your perspective.

Odd question for you - was the Diet Sprite available everywhere such as dinner? I have recently developed a sensitivity to caffeine and I only drink diet, so it would be great to have the option with my meals.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great review! I am going on my first DCL cruise on the Dream in May so I really enjoyed your perspective.

Odd question for you - was the Diet Sprite available everywhere such as dinner? I have recently developed a sensitivity to caffeine and I only drink diet, so it would be great to have the option with my meals.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Funny...Diet Sprite was the ONLY soda I drank for 20 years ( also partially because it has no caffeine..), but since I developed acid reflux, I stopped it 2 years ago..I don't remember if it was available at dinner, but I suspect they will get it for you..now I only sip soda a few times a year...great ship, great time...have a great cruise!

Big Al